The disinfectant is more important than ever in today’s times. If you use it regularly, you can effectively protect yourself against viruses, germs and bacteria. However, people with dry skin are often sensitive to the ingredients of the disinfectant, which can cause allergic reactions. But even if you belong to these people, there is a suitable disinfectant for you.
To help you choose the right disinfectant right from the start, we have created an informative checklist. Also in our product recommendations you will find many different products around the disinfectant. So viruses will soon have no chance with you!
- There are basically two types of disinfectants, disinfectants for hands or skin or disinfectants for surfaces. However, many manufacturers offer disinfectants that perform both tasks.
- Disinfectants for the hands and skin are available in liquid form, as a gel, as a spray or also as a foam.
- Alternatively, there are also wipes that are already soaked in disinfectant.
- Disinfectants for surfaces are also offered in the consistencies already mentioned. Concentrates are also frequently used for larger surfaces.
- With most commercially available disinfectants, an exposure time of approx. 30 seconds is sufficient to ensure optimum protection. If this time is adhered to, almost 100% of all bacteria, viruses and germs should be killed.
- We recommend that you strictly adhere to the times specified by the manufacturer to prevent viruses and co. from developing a resistance to the disinfectant.
- This criterion mainly concerns disinfectants for the hands. If you have a tendency to dry skin, one or the other disinfectant may cause slight irritation. If this is the case, we recommend that you choose a disinfectant that contains additional skin-care components. These skin-care products have a moisturizing effect, which protects your sensitive skin.
- Most disinfectants are all-rounders that protect you from all conceivable viruses, spores, fungi, bacteria and other contaminants . Nevertheless, you should always pay attention to the areas for which the respective agent is suitable. If you want to protect yourself against viruses , the disinfectant you choose should be a virucidal agent.
- The price of the different agents can vary significantly. Cheap disinfectants cost just about 1 EUR per 100 ml, the most expensive disinfectants cost up to 20 EUR per 100 ml.
Table of contents
We have compiled the best and most interesting disinfectants.
Tip: You can find the best mouth masks in this article
The Best Sellers Of Disinfectants
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular disinfectants for you.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the best Oral-B electric toothbrushes.
Current Offers Of Disinfectants
You can find the best current offers on disinfectants in this list.
FAQ About Disinfectants
You can use a disinfectant if, for example, you want to disinfect certain surfaces or protect your hands from germs, viruses or bacteria.
Always take a close look at the packaging. There you can read the expiration date. As a rule, you can use one for up to 12 months. Even after that it is not “bad”. It can only be that the effectiveness is no longer given properly.
Disinfectant can cost up to 20 euros if you buy it in a set. As a single product, however, you can get it for as little as 1 euro.
Disinfectants can consist of up to 95 percent alcohol. However, agents that are intended to protect the hands are also often contained in a disinfectant.
Disinfectants only need about 30 seconds to take effect. Note, however, that there are different agents, which can act differently against viruses, bacteria or germs. Therefore, read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully beforehand.
This depends on your skin and how sensitive it is. Many people are allergic to the ingredients of the disinfectant. But the cause can also be too frequent hand washing. Then the skin is usually very dry or cracks in certain places. If you then use disinfectant, the skin can quickly become inflamed. Alternatively, you can use disinfectants with a caring effect. These help to prevent your skin from drying out in the first place.
Disinfectants are available for the hands and to effectively disinfect larger surfaces. You can buy them as gel, foam, spray or liquid in an appropriate bottle.
Among other things, there are small handy models, which you can easily store in your handbag. Of course, there are also larger bottles, which are well suited to wipe larger surfaces.
More On The Topic
Safety and protection
- The 10 most popular disinfection columns
- The 10 best wall-mounted disinfection dispensers – guidebook
- The 14 best respirator masks – guidebook
- The 10 best face masks – guidebook
- The top 6 pepper spray lipsticks – guidebook
- The 10 best pepper sprays – Advisor
- The 6 best pepper spray guns – guidebook
- The 8 best sonic toothbrushes – guidebook
- The 10 best electric razors – guidebook
- The 10 best women’s razors – guidebook
- The 8 best sonic toothbrushes from Philips Sonicare – Guidebook
- The 10 best electric toothbrushes from Oral-B – Guidebook
- The 8 best electric toothbrushes for children – guidebook
- The 9 best nasal aspirators – guidebook
- The 10 best hair clippers – guidebook
- The best products for baby care – Guidebook
- The 10 best curling irons – How to guide
- The 10 best straighteners – guidebook
- The 10 most popular beard straighteners for men
- The 8 best electric toothbrushes – guidebook
- The 10 best curling irons – guidebook
- The 10 best hair dryers & blow dryers – guidebook