A good oven should not be missing in any kitchen. For cooking it is a must. However, there is a wide range of ovens to choose from. To find the right oven for your kitchen, check out this guide.
A comprehensive checklist with all the important information is ready for you. The product recommendations show you the best models.
- You can choose between freestanding and built-in ovens.
- Depending on the model, built-in appliances can be integrated in the lower part of the kitchen unit or installed at working height.
- The size depends on the available space in your kitchen.
- – Standard ovens are 59 cm wide, 60 cm high and hold about 54 liters.
- – Compact ovens are 59 cm wide, 38 to 45 cm high and offer about 27 l volume.
- – XXL ovens offer between 60 and 76 l of volume at 59 cm wide and 60 cm high.
- Combination ovens are useful for small kitchens.
- For example, they combine an oven with a microwave or with a steamer.
- Combination appliances are usually available for 45 cm niches.
- An oven should be capable of at least four basic functions: Hot air, top and bottom heat, grill function.
- Special programs include functions for faster or gentler baking and roasting, a keep-warm function, pizza stone and steamer.
- A timer function with an acoustic signal is practical.
- For households with children, ovens with childproof controls that can be recessed into the appliance, for example, are recommended.
- For an average household, four to five slide-in levels are sufficient.
- Telecoscope slide-out rails reduce the risk of burns when removing trays and baked goods.
- Modern ovens are equipped with various cleaning aids.
- For ovens with hydrolysis function, you fill water with detergent into the bottom tray and start the cleaning program.
- The catalysis function is based on a special coating in the interior that dissolves greasy residues at temperatures of 200 °C and above. The pyrolysis function burns dirt and grease particles to ash.
- To save money in the long run, it pays to buy an energy-efficient oven.
- A modern oven with energy efficiency class A++ saves about 400 euros in electricity costs over eight years compared to an older appliance.
- Baking trays, fat pans and grids should be included in the scope of delivery.
- If you have to buy too many accessories separately, you will quickly run out of money.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 8 most popular ovens.
Tip: You can find the best automatic ironers in our guide.
The Best Sellers Of Ovens
We have compiled the most popular ovens for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find the best electric shavers in our guide.
Current Offers For Ovens
Here you can find a selection of current offers for ovens.
FAQ For Baking Ovens
If you choose 180 degrees and convection, the chicken thighs are usually ready to eat after about 40 to 50 minutes. However, this depends on the size of the thighs. It is important to always eat chicken all the way through (risk of salmonella!).
Convection is an oven function. It is heated with upper and lower heat and additionally a fan works, so that the heat can spread evenly in the oven.
Fondue is made in a fondue pot. Oil, a broth, cheese or chocolate is heated there. In a fondue with oil or broth you dip meat or vegetables until they reach the desired cooking point. In cheese or chocolate fondue, you dip the food only briefly to coat it with the respective ingredient.
More On The Topic
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The 15 best chef’s knives – guidebook
- The 8 best lunch boxes for kindergarten and school – Guidebook
- The 8 best microwave ovens – Guidebook
- The top 5 WLAN refrigerators – guidebook
- The 5 best draft beer refrigerators
- The 10 best beer fridges
- The 8 best refrigerators for families – guidebook