In pressure cookers, food is cooked with overpressure generated by steam. When buying the right pressure cooker, there are a few things to consider, because not every pressure stove fits every stove.
We’ll help you choose and explain what you need to know to find the right Schell cooker for you. In our checklists you will find a lot of information about materials, variants, functions and safety precautions for pressure cookers. With the product recommendations, you are sure to find the right pressure cooker for you.
- Pressure cookers are usually made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is rust-proof, durable and easy to clean.
- The sealing ring in the lid should be made of sturdy rubber.
- Make sure that the pressure stove is suitable for your stove. There are pressure cookers for the gas stove, electric stove, glass ceramic hobs and for the induction stove.
- Ideally, the pressure cooker can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- If the pot is to be stored in a space-saving manner, stackable models with removable handles are recommended.
- Pressure cookers come in different diameters and capacities.
- For a household with one to two people, a pressure cooker with a volume of 2.5 l is usually sufficient.
- For a medium household with four people, a pressure cooker with at least 6 l capacity is recommended.
- Those who like to pre-cook portions or entertain guests will also find pressure cookers with up to 10 l capacity.
- A safety valve in the lid prevents the pressure in the pressure cooker from getting too high.
- If the pressure is too high, the valve automatically releases water vapor.
- A lid with a locking indicator and audible safety system is advantageous. As soon as the lid is firmly seated on the pot, an easily audible click sounds.
- For safe cooking, no water vapor should escape. Therefore, check the rubber seal regularly for damage. You can usually get replacement rubbers from the respective manufacturer.
Table of contents
Recommended Pressure Cookers
We have compiled the best and most interesting pressure cookers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find great school backpacks in our guide to school backpacks for 5th grade.
The Best Sellers Of Pressure Cookers
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular pressure cookers for you.
Tip: You can find different sleeping bags in our guide to sleeping bags for babies.
Current Offers Of Pressure Cookers
You can find the best current offers on pressure cookers in this list.
FAQ For Pressure Cookers
Goulash takes about 45 minutes in the pressure cooker.
Depending on their size, potatoes take 10 to 15 minutes in the pressure cooker.
In a pressure cooker, food is cooked with overpressure, this is created by steam generated in the pot.
It takes about 30 minutes to cook knuckle of pork in a pressure cooker.
In a pressure cooker you can prepare normal dishes, which have a particularly long preparation time in conventional pots. Ideally, the lid is not opened before the end of the cooking time, because the pot cooks with excess pressure and when the steam escapes the pressure must be rebuilt.
There are pressure cookers in different sizes. The appropriate size depends on the number of people to cook. For one to two people, a pressure cooker with 2.5 l is usually enough. For four people, it should be at least 6 l capacity and when cooking for guests, pressure cookers with up to 10 l capacity are useful.
More On The Topic
Everything about cooking
- The 9 best tea kettles for the home – guidebook
- The 8 best kettles – guidebook
- The 9 best rice stoves – guidebook
- The 12 best saucepan sets – guidebook
- The 15 best chef’s knives – guidebook
- The 10 best cook cutlery sets – guidebook
- The 10 best egg stoves – guidebook
- The 7 best steam cookers – guidebook
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 8 best raclette grills – guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The 7 best Landmann gas grills – Guidebook
- The 8 best kettle grills – Guidebook
- The 8 best table grills – Guidebook
- The 6 best Weber grills – guidebook
- The 7 best charcoal grills – guidebook
- The 10 best barbecue lighters – guidebook
- The best barbecue accessories – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue tongs – Guidebook
- The 12 best barbecue trolleys – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue skewers – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue aprons for men – Guidebook
- The 9 best grill grates – How to
- The 7 best books with barbecue recipes – How to guide
- The 8 best barbecue cutlery – Guidebook