A hand blender can make the preparation of certain foods much easier. Something is quickly chopped, pureed, or mixed. The handy device is suitable for both cold and hot dishes and can also chop hard foods such as nuts, depending on the power.
We have compiled a checklist for you so that you can observe all the important criteria. In addition, the product recommendations will help you with your decision by providing you with the 7 best hand blenders.
- The hand blender can be used to chop, mix, blend or puree food.
- The kitchen appliance can be used to make smoothies, shakes, spreads, sauces and puree baby food.
- With combination appliances, the range of applications expands.
- Stick blenders come in two different versions. The simplest version consists only of a hand blender. It may come with a blender jug, sometimes even with a lid.
- Combination devices have additional accessories. In addition to the blender, you can also attach a whisk to the upper gear section or use the chopper with it.
- With many devices, the blender foot can be removed for easier cleaning. Often it is even dishwasher safe.
- You can tell what power the motor has by the wattage. Simple devices have 150 to 300 watts. If you want to chop nuts and other hard foods, it should be at least 500 watts.
- Particularly powerful hand blenders have a turbo button with 1000 watts, which can also be used to crush ice.
- The volume is between 60 and 80 decibels.
- The desired speed at which the blades rotate can be selected via the buttons if there are several levels. It can also be stepless.
- If the blender gets hot while blending, it may be due to using it for too long. Or the power is too low for the food being processed.
- Stick blenders have a plastic housing that is sturdy and durable.
- The blender base can also be plastic, but also stainless steel.
- The two or four blades are made of stainless steel. They should be surrounded by a splash guard.
- For devices with a cup, you should make sure that it is BPA-free.
- The device should not be too heavy. Light hand blenders have a weight of about 0.75 kg, while heavy devices can weigh over 1 kg.
- The handle should fit comfortably in the hand and the function switches must be effortlessly accessible.
Table of contents
Recommended Hand Blenders
Tip: No more danger with swim diapers.
The Best Sellers Of Hand Blender
In this bestseller list, we have compiled the most popular hand blenders for you.
Tip: Here are the best fitted sheets for cribs.
Current Offers On Hand Blenders
Here you can find a collection of current offers on hand blenders.
FAQ For Hand Blenders
With a hand blender you can, for example, puree stews, whip cream and also chop fruits and vegetables.
On average, hand blenders cost about 20-30 euros
Before pureeing, take the pot off the stove and let the puree cool briefly. It should no longer be bubbling. If you are pureeing directly in the pot, immerse the hand blender in the pureed food and only then press the switch.
A good hand blender should have about 300-400 watts.
Choose at least 500 watts for a good stick blender, as well as stainless steel blade blades and a removable blending foot.
You can use a hand blender for the following things: Chopping, pureeing, blending. Of course, this is also possible without a hand blender, but it makes your work easier and faster.
A hand blender is a kitchen appliance that can be used to puree, blend and chop food.
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
- The 8 best slow juicers – guidebook
- The 10 best juicers – guidebook
- The 8 best microwave ovens – guidebook
- The 8 best bread makers – How to
- The 8 best ovens – guidebook
- The 10 best dishwashers – guidebook
- The 4 best Thermomix alternatives – guidebook
- The 9 best sandwich toasters – guidebook
- The 9 best tea makers for the home – guidebook