Table of contents
Whether for falling asleep or for entertainment in between: Childhood is characterized by stories, some scary, some exciting, some romantic. For children, it is always a great friend when a beautiful story is read to them and they can immerse themselves in another world. Often children’s stories also have an educational value, if the children can learn something in the process.
Are you wondering now where you can buy a great story for your child? We have compared children’s stories and selected the best ones for you. We also present you the bestsellers among the children’s stories. So you will definitely find a nice and suitable story for your child.
- The theme or story of the book should be chosen above all according to the child’s liking and age.
- There are short stories and those that last a little longer. Thus, it should be taken into account how much time you can or want to spend on reading aloud.
- There are also newfangled books and older ones (e.g. fairy tales). Here you can decide for yourself what you prefer. However, it should be appropriate for the age of the child.
- The younger the child, the more pictures and less text should be in the book.
- Pure picture books are sufficient for toddlers. From kindergarten (about 3 years), text and volume can be increased. However, illustrations should still predominate until elementary school.
- For pictures, 3-4 colors and few motifs are sufficient up to 2 years.
- For children up to 3 years, a simple design of the text is useful. Rhymes and repetitions offer themselves here. Otherwise, the child would be overtaxed. From 4 years on, real small stories and more detailed illustrations begin.
- At kindergarten age, stories about family life are very popular. From school on, friendship, as well as adventure, are added. For all age groups, fantasy worlds are often in demand.
- Children’s stories can promote in many different ways.
- Stories that make reference to the child’s life are more easily understood and applied to real life. An example for young children is sharing food or toys. For older children, this applies to school, for example.
- In addition, a book can boost self-confidence and reduce fears. Related to a doctor’s visit, for example, a story explains the on-site procedure and that the doctor will help you.
- Often, motor skills are also promoted, as colors and feeling play a role.
Recommended Children’s Stories
Tip: You can find recommended books for toddlers in the
The Best Sellers of Children’s Stories
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular children’s stories for you.
Tip: Are you looking for great stories for older children?
Then take a look at the guide to children’s books for ages 7 and up.
Current Offers of Children’s Stories
Here you can find a collection of current offers of children’s stories.
FAQ About Children’s Stories
Children’s stories can be read aloud in the traditional way from children’s books or listened to as audio books. Videos are also possible. Books are particularly suitable for the beginning
Children’s stories should always be selected depending on the age of the child. Stories with pictures are particularly suitable for younger children (also when reading aloud!). Meditations or autogenic training for children are also suitable for relaxation
Children have a lot of imagination and love to discover new things. Stories that relate to everyday life in particular have great learning potential. Reading aloud, for example, not only promotes concentration and imagination, but it can also help to reduce fears and learn through play how to react in certain situations in everyday life
More on the Topic
Books for ages 1-7
- The 15 Best Children’s Books From 1 Year
- The 15 Best Children’s Books from 2 Years
- The 15 Best Children’s Books from 3 Years
- The 15 Best Children’s Books from 4 Years
- The 15 Best Children’s Books from 5 Years
- The 15 Best Children’s Books from 6 Years
- The 15 Best Children’s Books from 7 Years
Books for Children of All Kinds
- The 10 Best Read-Aloud and Picture Books
- The 9 Best Hidden Object Books for Children
- The 10 best Christmas Books for Children
- The 15 Best Personalized Books for Children
- The 10 Best Fairy Tale Books for Children
- Recommended Tiptoi Books for Children
- The 10 Best Pixi Books
- The 12 Best “Why, why, why” Children’s Books
- The 10 Best Encyclopedias for Children
- The 13 best Coloring Books for Children