Table of contents
Even for children, reading can be a fun and exciting pastime. Even if your child is only 6 years old. But what should you look for when it comes to children’s books from 6 years. For this purpose, we have compiled a checklist in which you will find the most important facts about children’s books, and we also introduce you to direct products.
- Children from the age of 6 are making their first reading experiences, so the texts should not be too complex.
- The font should be large enough and easy to read.
- Foreign words should not be included in order not to overtax your child.
- Short text blocks ensure that your child does not lose concentration too quickly while reading.
- Books that are read aloud or read together can deviate from this, but it is important not to overtax the children and not to spoil their interest in reading for the future.
- No long introductions, it should get interesting and exciting as quickly as possible.
- No nested sentences – your child should be able to quickly understand what a sentence is about.
- The main characters should be introduced and act as quickly as possible.
- Pictures are less important from the age of 6 than for younger children, but they provide a nice change of pace and help to introduce the characters and plot locations.
- In addition, even at this age, interest is increased if there are also suitable illustrations for individual sections of the story.
- Children usually have very specific interests at times (e.g. animals, construction sites, …), books about these topics encourage reading.
Recommended Children’s Books From 6 Years
We have compiled a list of recommended children’s books for ages 6 and up.
Tip: For gardening, check out our guide to Gardena hose cart.
The Bestsellers Of Children’s Books From 6 Years
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular children’s books from 6 years for you.
Tip: For handicraft work, we also have a guidebook for hand-held circular saws.
Current Offers Of Children’s Books From 6 Years
Find the best current offers on children’s books for ages 6 and up in this list.
FAQ For Children’s Books From 6 Years
Which children’s books for ages 6 and up?
Other books are usually more suitable for reading aloud than for reading by oneself. Children aged 6 can already understand more complex plots, but should not be overburdened in their reading process. Fun and a sense of achievement should characterize the reading process. Longer texts are therefore suitable for reading aloud. If the child is reading on his or her own, books that are explicitly intended for beginning readers are recommended. Alternatively, you can choose other age-appropriate stories and read them together with the child.
Which children’s books for reading beginners?
The first reading experiences should not be too demanding, so as not to spoil the fun of reading for the future. There are some children’s books for children from the age of 6 that are explicitly designed for the first attempts at reading and the associated practice process. For example, there is a first reader series from the well-known „Was-ist-was“ books with not too much text, easily readable writing and lots of exciting content.
Which children’s books for ages 6 and up are particularly popular?
Popular classics for children aged 6 and older include „Jim Knopf“ or „The Children from Bullerbü.“ But works such as „The Ice Queen“ or „The Three ??? Kids“ are also read (aloud) with pleasure.
More On The Topic
- The 40 best children’s books – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 7 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 4 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 3 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 2 years – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s books from 1 year – guidebook
- The 15 best personalized children’s books – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s stories – guidebook
- The 12 best “Why Why Why” children’s books – guidebook