Table of contents
Many women use curling irons because they have straight hair and want waves or curls or want to try a new styling. The selection is now almost unmanageable, as there are countless different manufacturers that produce curling irons. But what should you look for when buying a curling iron and which functions does it have? In this article, you will find answers to these questions.
We have compiled this and everything else for you in a checklist. The product recommendations below will help you to find specific products and make a well-founded decision.
- Automatic curling irons: With these curling irons you don’t have to do it yourself, because they pull your hair strands into the so-called curling chamber and turn them into beautiful curls within a few seconds under the influence of heat. For you, this has one or two advantages: you need less time to style your curls and also no longer run the risk of burning yourself on the curling iron.
- Curling irons with clip: These curling irons are especially practical because you can fix your hair with the clip while your hair is curled. This way, you won’t burn your fingers as easily, since the clip holds the hair in place for you while you wait, so to speak. The untwisting is not too easy, because your hair must always be between the clip and the heating rod.
- Curling irons without clip: Here, you practically have to wrap the strand around the curling iron yourself. However, at the same time, there is a risk that you will burn your fingers. Fortunately, your curling iron usually comes with heat-protective gloves, which you should definitely use to prevent injuries.
- Cone-shaped / conical curling iron: Due to its conical shape, you can conjure up curls in different sizes. From natural to corkscrew curls or beach waves – this curling iron is a real all-rounder!
- Infrared curling iron: The heat needed to curl your hair, the curling iron gets from an infrared source. This feature sets it apart from other products and is gentler on your hair.
- Automatic curlers: The hair is automatically pulled in this curling iron, so you get an absolutely even result and beautiful curls with bounce. The downside to this product, however, is that no fancy or creative styling is possible, as every curl looks identical.
- Warm air curling iron: this curling iron works similarly to a hairdryer. The strand of hair is wrapped around the wand again, allowing warm air to reach the hair. Mostly, however, these curls are not very defined, they are mainly larger waves that make your hair look more voluminous.
- It is important that you can adjust the temperature of your curling iron individually. Every hair structure is different, which is why you should adjust it to your hair structure.
- A heat protection glove is almost essential, especially for curling irons without a clip, so that you do not burn yourself. They are usually included in the delivery.
- Heat protection spray should be used before curling your hair so that they do not dry out or break in the long run.
- Hairspray can also help you to fix your curls so that they really last all day.
- Good curling ir ons don’t have to be expensive anymore.
- Already for a low double-digit amount you can purchase one anywhere.
- However, a curling iron can cost well around 200-300 euros. Usually, these curling irons are better processed in terms of material and are characterized by particularly good quality.
Recommendable Curling Irons
We have compiled the best and most interesting curling irons. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Bad Hair Day? You can find everything about straightening irons here
The Best Sellers Of Curling Irons
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular curling irons for you.
Tip: If you’re still looking for the right hairdryer , take a look here.
Current Offers On Curling Irons
You can find the best current offers on curling irons in this list.
FAQ For Curling Irons
The curling iron is a technical device that can only be operated with electricity. You can wrap individual strands of hair around it to create beautiful waves or defined curls. The selection is very diverse, so you are sure to find the right curling iron for you.
How you use a curling iron depends on the type of device. Many curling irons work by twisting the hair strands by strands around a hot wand. There they linger for a while, then they are released and the strand is curled. But there are other variants, for example, chain-shaped curling irons or automatic models. These work differently. In order not to stress the hair too much and avoid burns, you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions first.
The thinner the wand, the smaller the curls. However, there are many more styling options. We have collected the best curling irons and collected them in our guide. There you will surely find inspiration for your dream hairstyle.
Which curling iron is best depends on the desired result. The length of the hair also plays a role. We have summarized the best and most popular curling irons in our guide.
Don’t use conditioner beforehand, as it will pull your hair down and straighten it again. Put your hair up after curling and let the curl cool down first. This will help it to set better in your hair structure. Also, do not use too much hairspray, otherwise your hair will stick together.
This usually depends on your hair structure. For some people, the curls last for several days, for others they hang out again after a few hours.
You should definitely buy qualitative so that your hair is not damaged. Ideally, you should buy a curling iron that has a ceramic plate. It should also not be too heavy, as you will need to hold it for a longer period of time.
Cool the affected area or consult a doctor if you are unsure of the best way to treat the sore area. Alternatively, you can apply a wound and healing ointment to the wound.
Curling irons can be heated to over 200 degrees. Usually a higher temperature is required, otherwise the curls will turn out too weak and will not look defined.
The curls should always be turned away from the face to achieve the best result. The wand should be held vertically so that the curls can be rotated clockwise around the wand.
The size of the curling iron depends on how big you want your curls to become in the end. The range of diameter for curls can be between 10- 39 millimeters.
- 12 classic gifts for children at Christmas – guidebook
- The 25 most beautiful Valentine’s Day sayings as a gift – guidebook
- Choosing jewelry for women correctly – Guide
- The 10 most beautiful bouquets for Mother’s Day – Guidebook
- The 10 best gifts for birth – Guidebook
- The 15 most beautiful earrings for women – Guidebook