A swivel grill is right for you if you love campfires and enjoy watching open fires. Another particularly practical feature is that the cooking temperature is higher or lower depending on the height setting of the grate. So that you can soon create a romantic atmosphere and delicious barbecue dishes in your home garden, we have created a comprehensive checklist, which includes the most important purchase criteria.
Here you can quickly and easily learn what makes a swivel grill and how it differs from other models. Further down you will also find specific product recommendations. If you want, you can find what you are looking for today.
- Unlike simple grills, where the grill grate rests directly above the heat source, the grate of a swivel grill hangs freely above the romantic open fire.
- In addition to the fascinating sight of the blazing flames and the hot embers, which spray sparks like a campfire, the swivel grill has other advantages to offer such as special sizes for your food and individual adjustability of the height of the grill grate.
- A classic swivel grill consists of at least three parts. In the lower part is the fire bowl, which stands on three legs.
- The round grill grate, which has the dimensions of the bowl, hangs in a stand, some of which is directly connected to the fire bowl.
- During grilling, the grate can be swung back and forth as well as adjusted in height.
- The higher your grill grate hangs above the open fire, the lower the temperature for cooking the food.
- In addition to the charcoal grill, which is available as a swivel grill and a standard model, there are many other models available for parties on the patio and at the campsite.
- At the Gas grill gas from the bottle provides the heat. The same principle is used by the Electric grill, which is powered by connecting it to a mains power supply. These two variants are very easy to clean, unlike the charcoal grill, because you do not have to empty the ash from the fire bowl.
- A similarly large grill grate to the swivel grill can be a Smoker grill. This model is composed of a combustion chamber and a cooking chamber. A flap above the grate accumulates heat during cooking. In addition, the smoke provides a particularly hearty aroma.
- With a ceramic grill, which is built like a smoker grill in small size, you can also cook and bake.
- Your grill should be the right size for your available space.
- The swivel grill is available both for the small party and for a large party with many guests.
Table of contents
Recommended Swivel Grills
We have compiled the best and most interesting swing grills. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: How about a kettle grill? You can find the best models in this kettle grill guide.
The Best Sellers Of Swivel Grills
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular swivel grills for you.
Tip: Bad weather? You can find the best fondue sets in this fondue set guide.
Current Offers Of Swivel Grills
You can find the best current offers on swivel grills in this list.
FAQ About Grills
A swivel grill is a special grill where the grill grate is attached to a three-legged frame. A controlled open fire is then made underneath it. It is therefore a type of campfire over which grilling is done. The name swivel grill is due to the frame, because the suspended grill grate can be swiveled over the fire.
How much wood or coal you need for a swivel grill, can not be answered in a general way, because the amount depends on the size of the grill or, more precisely, the diameter of the grill grate.
The cost of a swivel grill varies depending on the manufacturer and size. As a rule, you can find for 50 to 200 euros.
A swivel grill works by suspending the grill grate above the fire, making cooking especially easy with the swiveling motion: Food is less likely to burn and is heated evenly.
You can buy a swivel grill, for example, in many hardware stores, but there is more choice on the Internet. There you have the important advantage that the products are more clearly arranged and you can read the product reviews. Take a look at our guide article, because there you will not only find specific product recommendations in several price ranges, but also important purchase criteria and a differentiation from other types of grills.
More On The Topic
- The 6 best beer coolers for home
- The 10 best camping pavilions
- The 7 best camping tables for families
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids
- The 10 best inflatables for indoors and outdoors
- The 105 best garden toys
- The 10 best Viking chess games for kids
- The 5 best bocce balls for kids