Barbecuing is a great activity for warm summer evenings – sitting outside with friends and family, grilling, eating, and having a good time. The right charcoal grill is a must. We show you how to find the right one for you.
Our checklist contains many important buying criteria and in our product presentations we introduce you to various charcoal grills.
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The Charcoal Grills
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular charcoal grills for you.
Checklist For Charcoal Grills
- If you often want to grill for average-sized groups of 6 to 10 people, you should opt for a sturdy stand-up grill that can easily remain outside even in winter.
- If you have limited space and indirect grilling is important to you, a small kettle gr ill is a good choice.
- On the road, a light, mobile grill is best.
- For low smoke and grilling on the balcony, a compact grill with active ventilation is ideal.
- For gentle cooking and indirect grilling, a smoker is best.
- A lid is useful if you want to keep your food warm after grilling or cook the food indirectly at gentle temperatures.
- If you want to use the grill frequently and leave it outside even in winter , you should choose a charcoal grill made of stainless steel. Optimally, the grill is equipped with a porcelain enamel coating that prevents rusting.
- Make sure that the charcoal grill has a high-quality finish so that it lasts for a long time and you achieve an optimal grilling experience.
- With an additional catch tray for the ashes is easier cleaning possible and a safe disposal of the rest is guaranteed.
- If it’s important to you to be flexible when grilling and try different things, you should opt for a grill with a height-adjustable grill grate.
- A charcoal grill is especially safe if it bears a GS mark that certifies optimal safety.
- To ensure that grilling is possible on any surface and remains safe, the grill should not wobble and should be very stable and sturdy overall.
- If you often want to grill on uneven surfaces, you should rather choose a grill with 3 legs, because it is more stable than grills with 4 legs.
- Make sure that the grill handles are heat resistant and insulated to avoid burning yourself while grilling.
Recommended Charcoal Grills
We have compiled the best and most interesting charcoal grills. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
- Innovative design allows for quick and easy assembly in less than 30 minutes
- Size of the grill surface is approx. 56 x 41.5 cm; warming surface is approx. 53.9 x 24.1 cm
- Chrome-plated cooking grate and warming rack as well as charcoal tray, which can be easily adjusted using the crank
- The special feature of the grill surface is the removable grill insert, which allows the use of different elements.
- The wheels make it easy to move and align well. Thanks to the robust legs, the trolley stands securely in place..Unlike a stationary garden grill, our charcoal grill has 2 wheels. This provides more mobility and can be easily driven to any place..The biggest advantage of the charcoal grill cart is the additional storage area on the side, e.g. B. Store food safely. Working height approx. 84 cm.
- WEBER COMPACT: 47cm charcoal BBQ, black. Stylish, classic grill with heat-resistant bowl and lid, triple plated cooking grate, heavy-gauge steel fuel grate plus handle with built-in heat shield
- WEBER 47CM KETTLE CHARCOAL BBQ: Easy clean outdoor charcoal barbeque grill oven, ideal for cooking and grilling food to perfection. Cook burgers, sausages, pizza and more, in summer or all year round
- WEBER GRILL COAL BBQ WITH LID: Outdoor coal burner stove, movable with wheels, great for cooking for friends and family. The anti-rust kettle BBQ provides consistent temperature for even cooking
- WEBER CLASSIC BBQ TASTE: This luxury Weber kettle BBQ uses charcoal lump wood or briquettes, and makes the perfect gift. Matching Weber BBQ accessories and tools are available
- WEBER QUALITY WITH 10 YEAR WARRANTY: We are so confident in our premium barbecues that we guarantee the individual components of our gas, charcoal and electric barbecues for up to 10 years
Tip: You can find many tools and saws in our guide to crosscut saws.
Current Offers Of Charcoal Grills
You can find the best current offers on charcoal grills in this list.
Tip: You can find the right protection for your ears in our guide to ear muffs.
FAQ About Charcoal Grills
A charcoal grill can reach up to 800 degrees. This high temperature is reached after about half an hour.
The use of special grill l ighters is best suited to light the grill.
Charcoal grills are usually less expensive than gas grills. They take longer to be ready for use. With a gas grill, you are not working with an open fire. Which is the better grill is up to each person to decide for themselves.
After about half an hour to three quarters of an hour, the grill is ready for use and can be topped with grilled food.
The easiest way to light a charcoal grill is to use special grill lighters.
A charcoal grill must be preheated for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Make sure that your grill is well made and stable so that it cannot tip over. A GS seal confirms the quality of workmanship.
Everything about grilling
- The 7 best barbecue taps – guidebook
- The best barbecue accessories – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue tongs – guidebook
- The 12 best barbecue trolleys – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue skewers – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue aprons for men – Guidebook
- The 9 best grill grates – How to
- The 7 best books with barbecue recipes – Guidebook
- The 7 best charcoals for barbecue – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue gloves – How to
- The 8 best barbecue brushes – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue cutlery – Guidebook
- The 10 best barbecue lighters – Guidebook
- The 10 best briquettes for grilling – Guidebook