You want to shine with your grilling skills, but never had the right grill for it? With a kettle grill, you have endless possibilities at your disposal, with which you can easily conjure up a variety of recipes. A kettle grill is not only suitable for simple grilling, but also offers you the possibility to prepare various dishes and meals in the cooking process.
Our checklist for kettle grills informs you about size, quality and safety. In the product recommendations you can choose the right kettle grill for your garden.
- If you often want to grill for larger groups of 5 to 8 people, you should choose a kettle grill with a diameter of 57 centimeters or more. Also, make sure you have a comfortable working height of about 60 to 80 centimeters.
- If you want to grill only rarely and only for yourself or smaller groups of less than 5 people, a small kettle grill with a maximum diameter of 47 centimeters is suitable without any problems.
- When choosing a grill, consider how much space you have available.
- If you want to be mobile with the grill, pay attention not only to a small size but also to a low weight.
- If you want to grill only occasionally, then a chrome-plated grill grate and a chrome-plated grill are perfectly sufficient for the beginning.
- If you want to use the kettle grill very often and the durability of the material is particularly important to you, then a grill and grill grate made of stainless steel make sense. An additional enamel coating effectively prevents rusting.
- To ensure that the temperature in the grill remains constant, you should attach importance to a high-quality, precisely fitting processing of the material.
- If you want to grill at specific, adjustable temperatures, a grill with a built-in lid thermometer is ideal.
- To ensure that enough oxygen reaches the charcoal during grilling, the grill should ideally have adjustable vents both above and below the embers.
- To ensure that the lid of the kettle grill does not pose a danger when placed on grass or other easily combustible surfaces, it is best to choose a grill with a lid holder.
- Make sure that the grill has a secure stand and that the connecting pieces are sturdy so that it does not tip over or wobble.
- An important indication of the safety of the kettle grill is a GS certification as well as a long warranty from the manufacturer of 5 to 10 years.
- Safe as well as easy cleaning is possible thanks to an additionally installed ash basket, which directly collects all the ash that accumulates.
Table of contents
Recommended Kettle Grills
Here you can find the top 8 among the most popular kettle grills.
Tip: You can find practical hammers for carpentry work in our guide to batten hammers.
The Best Sellers of Kettle Grills
We have compiled the most popular kettle grills for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find practical hot glue guns in our guide to hot glue guns.
Current Offers For Kettle Grills
Here you will find a selection of current offers for kettle grills.
FAQ About Kettle Grills
You grill with a kettle grill just as you would with any other commercially available grill. The advantage of a kettle grill is that you can leave the lid on the grill to create a high temperature in the grill. Thus, various dishes can be cooked in addition.
In a kettle grill, just like a regular grill, charcoal is heated under the grill grate. When the lid is open, there is no difference from any other grill, when the lid is closed, the heat accumulates in the grill, so it is possible to cook dishes.
A whole chicken (1.2 kg) takes about an hour to cook. A chicken breast (250 g) is cooked through after about 30 minutes. A temperature of 180 – 230 °C is recommended.
A kettle grill should always have a stable stand. In addition, the hot lid should not be placed on easily flammable material. Regular cleaning prolongs the life of the grill.
At full heat, a kettle grill can reach a temperature of over 300 °C.
Barbecue lighters can be used to light a kettle grill. Kettle grills are lit like other commercial grills.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best barbecue lighters – guidebook
- The best barbecue accessories – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue tongs – Guidebook
- The 12 best barbecue trolleys – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue skewers – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue aprons for men – Guidebook
- The 9 best grill grates – How to
- The 7 best books with barbecue recipes – How to guide
- The 8 best barbecue cutlery – Guidebook
Everything for the garden
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – How to guide
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 6 best robotic mowers for the garden – Guidebook
- The 7 best garden gloves – guidebook
- The 8 best garden sheds for storage – guidebook
- The 10 best garden tools from Gardena – guidebook
- The 7 best soil hoes for the garden – guidebook