The water pump pliers can be made flexible in size. Thus, it combines the functions of many tools in one tool and should therefore also find a place in your toolbox.
We have put together a selection of great water pump pliers in our product recommendations. You can find all information about water pump pliers in our checklist.
- Water pump pliers are usually made of chrome vanadium steel. Many models are coated with phosphate in the pliers area, as this protects against rust.
- The handle , on the other hand, is coated with plastic to ensure a good grip.
- The surfaces of the pliers should be without burrs and the handles should be sturdily bonded.
- If the handle closes too tightly, you can easily jam your fingers or hands while working. By shaping the handle accordingly, many water pump pliers have a pinch guard that prevents unpleasant bruising.
- In addition, the pliers should be optimally ergonomically shaped so that you can master even greater efforts effortlessly. The ease of movement of the joints also plays a major role.
- Self-clamping water pump pliers can make your work much easier. Therefore, pay attention to the corresponding specifications of the manufacturer. The pliers should have a good power transmission and have as flexible a span as possible.
- A stable pliers joint and handles with good leverage are indicators that make a good water pump pliers.
- Tip: Test the water pump pliers with a simple sheet of paper. If it can hold it without any problems, you have made a good choice.
- The larger the specified span, the more versatile you can use the water pump pliers. The values can vary greatly. Some models only have a span for pipes of just 35 mm, others of almost 100 mm.
- If you want to loosen nuts with the water pump pliers, it may be that the span differs here. This is because the jaws of the pliers are often square.
- The weight of the water pump pliers can also vary greatly from model to model. From 250 g to well over a kg, anything is possible.
- A heavier pair of pliers will tire you out more quickly when working for longer periods of time, but they also have much more stability and usually much better power transmission than their featherweight competitors.
Table of contents
Recommended Water Pump Pliers
We have compiled the best and most interesting water pump pliers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find comfortable travel beds for children in our guide to travel beds for children.
The Best Sellers Of Water Pump Pliers
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular water pump pliers for you.
Tip: Modern sonic toothbrushes can be found in our guide to sonic toothbrushes.
Current Offers Of Water Pump Pliers
You can find the best current offers on water pump pliers in this list.
FAQ About Water Pump Pliers
What is a water pump pliers?
A water pump pliers is a tool for gripping with an adjustable joint. The flexible design of the size creates different opening widths of the jaw, so that the water pump pliers can adapt to different sizes.
Water pump pliers – what size?
The size of the water pump pliers depends on the component you want to grab. For simple screws, a small water pump pliers is sufficient. For massive or large components, a large water pump pliers is needed.
What are water pump pliers used for?
Water pump pliers are mainly used for gripping nuts and bolts, sockets and gripping pipes. Since they are adjustable in size, they are used as a universal tool to eliminate the need for additional tools.
More pliers for the workshop
- The 7 best flat nose pliers – guide
- The 7 best pipe wrenches – guide
- The 8 best combination pliers – guidebook
- The 8 best pinch pliers – guidebook
- The 7 best gripping pliers – Guidebook
- The 10 best wire strippers – guidebook