A spirit level is often used to make sure that a certain object stands straight and is properly aligned both vertically and horizontally. Surely you have been in a situation where you needed to check the level. It can be of great help to you, as digital spirit levels in particular allow you to read them accurately. So nothing stands in the way of your next DIY project.
To help you decide on the right material and length of a spirit level, we have created a checklist for you. Here you will find all the important information about the perfect spirit level. But also our product recommendations can be a useful help for you. In any case, it is worth taking a closer look at them.
- you need short spirit levels to align sockets and switches. Good models have a magnet that is placed on the metal of the socket. Innovative is the recess for a screwdriver. Look for it specifically. This allows you to adjust the socket in the perfect fit.
- You need the classic analog spirit level from 60 cm in length, for example, to set drill holes further apart or for tiling work. They are in high demand and are popular. Ideal for the most common projects at home are models with 100-150 cm length.
- good models have a lightweight, handy aluminum housing. The metal is temperature stable and does not deform.
- Make sure that the horizontal level is integrated so that a horizontal line can be drawn along the entire length.
- Optimal for reading is when the horizontal and vertical bubble levels are installed close to each other. So you have the perfect alignment immediately in view. Some spirit levels have a third bubble for precise alignment at a 45-degree angle.
- Make sure that the bubble levels can be read from different positions.
- Some models have rubber end caps that act as slip stops. This allows you to mark perfectly. In addition, sensitive surfaces and the spirit level itself are protected. The caps can be removed and cleaned.
- A wide base ensures that the level does not tip easily.
- provides perfect results, as it is more precise than the naked eye. Models with a bubble level and integrated digital display are ideal. Some models have a built-in inclinometer and protractor.
- Significantly more expensive than analog spirit levels. More suitable for professional tradesmen or the construction industry.
- are well suited for aligning wallpaper or railings. It is also easier to do smaller construction projects.
- The laser should reach five meters and be easily visible.
- Fit in any shirt pocket.
- Prone to error on uneven surfaces. Better switch to the classic spirit level here.
Table of contents
Recommended Spirit Levels
We have compiled the best and most interesting spirit levels. You can find our product recommendations here.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the best multimeters
The Best Sellers Of Spirit Levels
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular spirit levels for you.
Tip: Here you can find out about the best sledgehammers.
Current Offers Of Spirit Levels
You can find the best current offers on spirit levels in this list.
FAQ For Spirit Level
With a spirit level, you can check whether a certain object or an object stands straight, so that it does not show any irregularities later. The spirit level shows how the object is aligned vertically and horizontally. You can also use the spirit level for drilling or tiling work.
A spirit level should be at least 50 cm long. However, there are also longer spirit levels, which can be up to 150 cm long.
There is ethanol in a spirit level. The reading is done by the bubble level, which is a transparent tube containing a small bubble. Finally, you can read the alignment from a horizontal line.
A spirit level can cost up to 25 euros.
First you have to place the spirit level straight on the surface. It is important that you can now read the level correctly. Therefore, you should also check the spirit level regularly to exclude damage. Supports can also help to ensure that the spirit level does not slip, even on uneven surfaces
You can recognize high-quality models by their aluminum housing. Among other things, they can withstand high heat. However, there are also models made of plastic or wood. To ensure that the spirit level does not slip or hardly slips when positioning, many spirit levels have slip stoppers. These are usually made of rubber and protect the spirit level from possible damage.
You can choose between a digital level or a laser level. You can use the latter for wallpaper or railings. On uneven surfaces, however, they can not be applied so well. Here you should rather opt for a conventional level. The digital spirit level is often used by craftsmen, so you can optimally determine the inclination and angle.
More On The Topic
- The 7 best sledgehammers – guidebook
- The 8 best caulking hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best splitting hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best jackhammers – guidebook
- The 7 best mason’s hammers – guidebook
- The 7 best sledge hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best rubber hammers – guidebook
- The 6 best hammer drills – guidebook
- The 7 best demolition hammers – guidebook
- The 8 best line finders – guidebook
- The 7 best felling jacks – guidebook
- The 10 most popular electric jigsaws
- The 6 best branch chain saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 8 best jigsaws – guidebook
- The 8 best sawhorses – guidebook
- The 7 best reciprocating saws – guidebook
- The 10 best chain sharpeners for chainsaws – guidebook
- The 8 best chainsaws – guidebook
- The 6 best hole saws – guidebook
- The 10 best Japanese saws – guidebook
- The 8 best foxtail saws – guidebook
- The 7 best sliding table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best hand saws – guidebook
- The 7 best protractors – guidebook
- The 7 best moisture meters – guidebook
- The 10 best calipers – advisor
- The 7 best weather stations – advisor
- The 7 best phase testers – Advisor