Rear view cameras are a handy addition for the family car to keep a better eye on the surroundings behind the car. Not all cars have a rear view camera installed. But this can be retrofitted.
We have prepared a checklist with the most important criteria for you. In our product recommendations, we have also compiled 8 of the best rear view cameras for the car for you. Here you will surely find the right rear view camera for your car.
- One of the most important features is the angle of the camera. The larger the angle, the more you can see of your surroundings.
- The angle of view should be at least 120 degrees.
- To prevent the camera from breaking down in heavy rain, it should also be weatherproof. The IP certification provides an indication of this.
- In most cases, a rating of 6 is sufficient for weather resistance. It guarantees protection against water jets.
- Many rear view cameras have their own display that you can mount on the dashboard.
- Some manufacturers also offer an additional rear view camera for their navigation system.
- In any case, you should make sure that the display is adequately mounted.
- The display should also have a size of at least 4 inches.
- Rear view cameras transmit the image either via a cable or a wireless connection.
- The connection via a cable is much more stable, but it is more complex to install, as holes often have to be drilled to lay the cable.
- A radio connection is the elegant form of retrofitting, but often has a disturbed signal. Therefore, you should pay attention to a sufficient radio range with this variant.
- Since the wireless variant is in reality not completely without cable due to the power connection, a rear view camera with cable is recommended.
- An important purchase criterion is the mounting location.
- Some models can be mounted in the interior above the rear window and thus remain dry and clean. However, this placement can result in a limited field of view and a blurred image due to the reflection of the windshield.
- Better are rearview cameras that attach to the license plate bracket and connect through the circuit of the reversing light. This way, the camera connects to the display whenever you put the car in reverse.
- The cable for the power should be at least 1 meter long.
Table of contents
Recommended Rear View Cameras For Car
We have compiled the best and most exciting rear view cameras for car.
Tip: For cleaning at home, check out our guide to cordless vacuum clean ers
The Best Sellers Of Rear View Cameras For Car
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular rear view cameras for car for you.
Tip: For a quiet and safe night, check out our guide to baby mattresses.
Current Offers Of Rear View Cameras For Car
You can find the best current deals on rear view cameras for car in this list.
FAQ About Rear View Cameras For Cars
The different types of rear view cameras offer different advantages and disadvantages. It depends on whether you prefer a wired model or a wireless connection. The different installation locations are also a selection criterion. Here you can decide according to your ideas.
There is the possibility of wired as well as wireless transmission. Thus, the camera (when mounted on the license plate) is activated when reverse gear is engaged. The image is then usually transmitted to a screen in the dashboard.
There are big differences here. There are already models starting at a price of 50 euros, but also quite products that cost several 100 euros. If you have a navigation system, you can also see if the manufacturer offers additional rear view cameras.
This varies. Depending on the workshop, you can expect to pay anywhere from a few 100 euros to over 1000 euros. Common models can also be installed by yourself.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best WLAN surveillance cameras – guidebook
- The 10 best wildlife cameras – guidebook
- The 10 best baby monitors with camera – guidebook
- The 10 best cameras for children – guidebook
- The 8 best surveillance cameras – guidebook
- The 8 best Kidizoom cameras – guidebook