Whether in children’s sports, kindergarten or school, you will not get around sneakers. When buying, certain criteria are crucial so that your child can do sports safely and comfortably. Our checklist will help you and the product recommendations below will make your decision easier.
- Kids sneakers come in typical EU shoe sizes.
- It is recommended to measure the child’s foot beforehand (at home or in a shoe store).
- The shoe should be at least 1-1.5 cm longer than the foot in the front.
- The fit can be easily determined by pressing your thumb on the top of the shoe where the child’s big toe is located. If there is some space in front of the thumb or toe, the size is appropriate.
- If there are customer reviews, see if buyers* comment on whether the shoe runs smaller or larger.
- Most common upper materials are synthetic fabrics and (synthetic) leather. Most often, the shoe is coated – easy to clean and durable.
- Breathable models provide a good climate for the feet.
- The lighter the weight of the shoe, the more comfortable.
- Depending on age and motor skills, the shoe closure should be chosen deliberately.
- There are models with laces, Velcro and slip-on models without closure.
- A non-slip and shock-absorbing sole ensures maximum safety during romping and protects knees, ankles, spine and muscles.
- For younger children, a Velcro closure or slip-on shoe is recommended so they don’t trip over open laces.
- Different sports require different types of shoes.
- Soccer shoes are specially reinforced and padded and have cleats.
- Basketball shoes usually have a higher upper for optimal support.
- For running , good cushioning and shock absorption is especially important to protect joints and bones.
- Most schools require 2 different athletic shoes, one pair for indoors and one for outdoors.
- For outdoors, regular casual or running shoes are appropriate.
- For indoors, a non-slip sole is important. Also, many halls only allow light colored soles.
- A good all-around shoe for physical education and romping is a breathable running shoe with good cushioning and a non-slip sole. For special sports such as soccer or basketball, a model specially adapted to the sport is then recommended.
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Sneakers
Here you can find the top 10 most popular kids sneakers.
Tip: Find cool soccer shoes for your child here.
The Best Sellers Of Kids Sneakers
We have compiled the most popular children’s sneakers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great children’s shoes in our guide to children’s shoes.
Current Offers For Kids Sneakers
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the children’s sneakers section.
FAQ For Kids Sneakers
For children between 1 and 2 years, shoes that reach the ankle are recommended. At around 3 years of age, proper sneakers can be worn.
First and foremost, you should choose the sneakers according to the type of sport. However, with all shoes it is important that they are breathable, have a low weight and fit properly. For indoor shoes, it is also important to ensure a non-slip sole. For school sports, models designed for indoor and outdoor use are particularly suitable.
First you need to read whether the shoes are suitable for the washing machine. Leather may not in ie washing machine, synthetic fabrics, on the other hand, can often be washed at 30 degrees. Otherwise, hand wash with lukewarm water is the order of the day.
More On The Topic
- The 35 best children’s shoes recommended by orthopedists – guidebook
- The 10 best Superfit children’s shoes – guidebook
- The 9 best children’s shoes from Richter – guidebook
- The 12 best children’s shoes from Geox – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s shoes from Ecco – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s shoes from Bisgaard – Guidebook
- The 10 best soccer shoes for kids – Guidebook
- The 8 best basketball shoes for kids – Guidebook
- The 10 best rubber boots for children – Guidebook
- The 10 best sandals for children – Guidebook
- The 15 best sandals for girls – guidebook
- The 15 best sandals for boys – guidebook
- The 15 best winter shoes for kids – guidebook
- Recommended climbing frames for children
- Recommended climbing triangles for children
- The 10 best play towers with slide – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s pools with slide – guidebook
- The 12 best water slides for the garden – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s swings – guidebook
- The 10 best plate swings – guidebook
- The 10 best mud kitchens for children – guidebook
- The 15 best garden trampolines for children – guidebook