As part of the family, your baby also travels in the car on many trips. Especially in the first 12 months, the well-being of the newborn is very important, which is why a good child seat of group 0. You can find out everything about models, safety and the fastening of child seats in our checklist. Our product recommendations.
- Group 0 child seats are infant carriers that are installed rear-facing (reboarder).
- They are approved up to 12 months or up to a weight of 10 kilograms .
- Group 0+ child seats can be used up to 18 months and a weight of up to 13 kilograms.
- Some child seats cover several groups , for example 0, 1 and 2. These child seats can be adjusted to the respective body size.
- For newborns , you need a newborn insert in the first months of life, which provides special protection for the sensitive spine.
- Baby car seats from well-known manufacturers can often be attached to stroller frames . You will need the appropriate adapters for this.
- Not every infant carrier is compatible with every stroller frame.
- Group 0reboarder child seats can be attached either with Isofix or with the car’s seat belt .
- The Isofix device requires a suitable counterpart in your car.
- Older vehicles may not have Isofix, but newer vehicles have it as standard.
- You can find out whether your vehicle has Isofix in the owner’s manual .
- Isofix child seats can be attached and removed very quickly and easily.
- Child seats with Isofix base are even easier to handle. The base is attached via Isofix and remains firmly in the car, but you can remove the infant carrier.
- Fastening with a seat belt is a bit more complicated, takes longer and is more prone to errors.
- In any case, attach the child seat exactly according to the manufacturer’s instructions, because this is the only way to ensure optimal protection in the event of an accident.
- Only child seats with the i-Size / UN ECE Reg. 129, UN ECE Reg. 44/04 and UN ECE Reg. 44/03 standards are approved.
- Up to 18 months, a reboarder is mandatory.
- You must also make sure when buying that the seat is made of pollutant-free materials .
- Harmful substances can be found in the plastic and the cover and can be absorbed by your child through skin or mouth contact.
- Test seals such as Oeko-Tex and TÜV certify that the child seat is free of harmful substances.
Table of contents
Recommended Child Seats Of Group 0
We have compiled the best and most exciting group 0 child seats.
Tip: You can find practical Japanese spatulas in our guide to Japanese spatulas.
The Best Sellers Of Child Seats Of Group 0
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular group 0 child seats for you.
Tip: Do you like climbing? You can find great via ferrata sets in our guide to via ferrata sets.
Current Offers Of Child Seats Of Group 0
You can find the best current offers on group 0 child seats in this list.
FAQ About The Child Seats Of Group 0
How long is a group 0 child seat?
A group 0 child seat is approved up to 10 kg, group 0+ up to 13 kg. Some variants are combinations of group 0+ and group 1, these are permitted up to 18 kg.
Child seat group 0 – until when?
Group 0 child seats are permitted up to a child age of 12 months or a weight of 10 kg.
Which child seat for newborns?
For newborns, a Group 0 child seat with a newborn insert is recommended, which protects the baby’s still sensitive spine.
Why a child seat only from 9 kg?
Child seats can be used for any weight, even for babies under 9 kg. However, there are other criteria to consider depending on the weight. Our checklist explains.
More On The Topic
- The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – guidebook
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful bodysuits for babies – Guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook