Your offspring wants to play Super Mario or Animal Crossing? Then you need a game console for kids that can also play many more games.
Find out everything you need to know about buying a game console in our checklist. You can find a great selection of game consoles for kids in our product recommendations.
- There are location-based consoles, which require a connection to the TV, for example, and mobile devices that can be used on the go (“handheld” consoles).
- Combination devices combine both components, an example being the Nintendo Switch.
- Some sets come with games pre-installed, usually games must be purchased in addition to the console.
- Popular kid-friendly games for all consoles include games from the Super Mario series or the Animal Crossing series. FSK ratings indicate whether disturbing content or violent scenes are shown in the game.
- Many games can be played together to promote companionship.
- In addition to the age recommendation, parents should always consider the mental maturity of the children, both for the console and for the games.
- Firm rules for use ensure that your child doesn’t sit in front of the console too much.
- Local devices can be better monitored by you, mobile devices are practical for travel, for example.
Table of contents
Recommended Game Consoles For Kids
Tip: You can find lots of great soccer balls in our guide to soccer balls.
The Best Sellers Of Game Consoles For Children
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular game consoles for kids for you.
Tip: You can find practical work gloves in our guide to work gloves.
Current Offers Of Game Consoles For Children
Here you can find a collection of current offers on game consoles for kids.
FAQ For Game Consoles For Kids
Stand consoles have the advantage that you can play with several people at the same time. So the children can play with and against each other on the console. The disadvantage here, however, is that you can only play at home. Mobile consoles are much better suited for on the road. This way, your child won’t be bored on long car rides.
You can find both standalone and handheld consoles in our product recommendations.
Which game console is best depends on the individual. If you want to guarantee gaming fun at home and on the go, a Nintendo Switch is practical, as it can be used both on the TV and as a mobile device. But children also find a lot of fun on other game consoles.
When a game console is suitable for children depends on the development of the child and should be decided individually. In principle, children under the age of 6 should not play on consoles.
Due to its multifunctionality, a Nintendo Switch is very suitable for children. Children can play on the Switch at home on the TV and on the road on car trips, for example.
More On The Topic
Toys for kids
- The 10 best doctor’s cases for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol figures – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol vehicles – guidebook
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 10 best Hatchimals – guidebook
- The 8 best Fireman Sam toys – guidebook
- The 15 best Bibi Blocksberg toys – guidebook
- The 10 best toys for 8 year old children
- The 10 best toys for 10 year old kids – guidebook