Pushing two strollers at the same time is a big challenge, quickly reaching its limits. So why struggle when twin strollers are available? Whether for twins or simple siblings, a double stroller is a good option and can be chosen in different variants.
You can read all about twin strollers in our checklist and never go wrong. In addition, our product recommendations are a super help in the selection.
- Twin strollers have sturdy frames and usually wipeable covers. Test marks such as the TÜV seal or the Oeko-Tex standard can serve you as indicators of the quality of the twin stroller.
- The twin strollers can be distinguished by their design. The seats are arranged next to each other, behind each other, or staggered on top of each other.
- Two seats side by side allow the children to interact. If the seats are one behind the other, the stroller is longer. Particularly practical and space-saving is the arrangement of seats one above the other.
- Before buying, it is also important to consider the dimensions and weight of the twin stroller. For most passages, the stroller should not be wider than 80 cm.
- The weight is usually between 20 and 23 kg. Particularly light buggy models sometimes weigh only 12 to 15 kg.
- Models with a baby seat can be used from birth. For toddlers, however, you need a twin stroller with sport seats.
- In addition to models only for babies or toddlers, there are also combination models that you can use from birth to the third year of life.
- The compatibility of the twin stroller with different infant carriers and sport seats can often be achieved with the help of adapters.
- The adjustment options can increase your comfort and that of your child. Especially practical is a folding function, which facilitates the transport of the stroller.
- Adjustable backrests allow your child to assume a sitting or lying position. Rotating seat units serve to vary the viewing direction of your children in the twin stroller.
- A height-adjustable push bar is used to push the stroller in a way that is easy on the back.
- The tires of a twin stroller determine its suitability for off-road use. While pneumatic tires have particularly good bounce, hard rubber tires are very durable.
- For the safety of your children, the twin stroller should have lockable wheels, safety belts and safety bars.
- Many twin strollers have rain and sun shades to protect your children from the elements.
- In addition, you can pay attention to the integrated storage compartments for the diaper bag or shopping in the twin strollers.
Table of contents
Recommended Twin Strollers
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular twin strollers.
Tip: Diapers can take up a lot of space in the trash can. A diaper pail is the solution.
The best sellers of twin strollers
We have compiled the most popular twin strollers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Bring the fair home. Find great cotton candy machines here.
Current Offers For Twin Stroller
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the twin stroller section.
FAQ For Twin Strollers
How wide a twin stroller is depends on the model you choose. There are quite wide versions where the children sit/lie next to each other. Other models are narrower because the children can either sit on top of each other or behind each other. Seating and reclining areas placed one behind the other result in more length of the stroller. The smallest possible width is about 55 cm, while the widest can be a little over 1m
A stroller can be used as soon as your baby is able to sit upright. At the earliest, you can usually use a buggy from 5 months or half a year. Since every child is different, you should look less at the age, but on the individual development. Sometimes, therefore, you may need to wait a little longer.
A stroller can be used from birth. It is important that you make sure to choose the right model. A buggy is of course not yet suitable for newborns and babies.
More On The Topic
- The best strollers
- The 9 best strollers
- The 10 best 3-in-1 strollers – guidebook
- The 5 best Maxi-Cosi strollers
- The 7 best Knorr strollers
- The 15 best buggies up to 20 kg body weight
- The 6 best foldable travel buggies
- The 9 best buggies – guide
- The 8 best buggies with reclining function
- The 7 best sports buggies
- The 7 best sibling buggies
- The 7 best buggies with pneumatic tires
- The 8 best rain covers for strollers
- The 9 best sunshades for strollers
- The 6 best buggy boards for strollers
- The 10 best footmuffs for babies
- The 6 best baby blankets
- The 9 best diaper bags
- The 10 best diaper bags
- The 8 best pacifier chains for babies
- The 8 best pacifiers for babies
- The 8 best stroller bags for babies