Cribs not only allow your child to sleep soundly, but also give them a safe and cozy place to retreat. What beds are better for this than home cribs?!
But what is important when buying home cribs? We show you! In our checklist, we answer your questions about buying the right crib. We have also put together some exciting product recommendations for you.
- A house crib replaces the regular bed. It has a sturdy frame that gives the bed the shape of a house. Your child can use it not only for sleeping, but also as a retreat or for playing.
- There are two common standard sizes.
- A house crib with a mattress of 70 x 140 cm is suitable for smaller children up to 5 years old. For children from elementary school age, a mattress with a size of 90 x 200 cm is recommended. It always depends on the individual growth of your child.
- The permissible weight with which the larger bed can be loaded is usually 140 to 150 kg.
- Some manufacturers offer different intermediate sizes.
- A mattress is not always included in the delivery.
- The slatted frame should have some distance to the floor so that the mattress is well ventilated.
- Some children’s beds offer design freedom. Especially the shape of the house offers your child special possibilities.
- Often the beds are equipped with additional storage space for pillows and blankets.
- A slide and a ladder can be mounted on beds with a high frame.
- A canopy bed fabric or a string of lights can be attached to the roof bars.
- Illustrated assembly instructions make it easy for you to assemble the bed.
- Home cribs are usually made of wood. The paints and varnishes used must be non-toxic. The material should make a high-quality and stable impression.
- Rounded corners and edges are also important.
- A fall-out guard that looks like a fence will keep your child from accidentally rolling out of the bed.
- The grille can be mounted on the left or right side of the bed.
- There should be a small opening so that your child can climb in independently.
- For older children, you can omit the fall-out protection.
- When buying a home crib, look for the GS mark for tested safety.
- Sustainably produced wood is FSC-certified or bears the “Blue Angel” seal of approval.
Table of contents
Recommended Home Cribs
Here you can find the top 7 among the most popular house cribs.
Tip: Many great other children’s beds you will find in our guide for children’s beds 90 x 200.
The Best Sellers Of Home Cribs
We have compiled the most popular home cribs for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: A lot of great children’s clothing you will find in our guide to children’s clothing for 2-year-olds.
Current Offers For House Cribs
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Home Cribs section.
FAQ About House Cribs
Cribs that form the shape of a house are a great alternative to plain cribs. The house offers children a cozy retreat that can be made extra cozy with fabrics and fairy lights
The crib with a cage has had its day from the age of about three years and gives way to a crib without a cage.
When your child is about three years old, the crib can be replaced with a crib without a gate
The choice of crib mattresses is wide. Choosing the right mattress is not always easy. Our guide to mattresses for the crib can certainly help you
Around the age of three, your child is old enough to move to a crib without a crib rail.
In order for your child to get a restful sleep in his or her bed, there are several things to consider. Our checklist provides you with important information.
More On The Topic
- The 45 best children’s beds – guide
- The 7 best kids beds for girls – guidebook
- The 8 best children’s beds for boys – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s beds in 70 x 140 cm – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s beds in 90 x 200 cm – guidebook
- The 9 best cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best travel cots – guidebook
Everything For Sweet Dreams
- The 15 best sleep overalls for children – Guidebook
- The 15 most beautiful pajamas for children – guidebook
- The best sleeping aids for babies – guidebook
- The 15 best sleeping bags for babies – Guidebook
- The 9 best children’s stories – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bedding sets – guidebook
- The 7 best fitted sheets for cribs – guidebook
- The 8 best fall out guards for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 10 most popular cuddly toys for children – guidebook
- The 10 best Steiff cuddly toys – guidebook
- The 25 best cuddly toys from Sigikid – Guidebook
- The 6 best dolls and cuddly toys from Käthe Kruse – Guidebook
- The 13 best music boxes for babies – guidebook