Do you want an RC model from Tamiya? Then you should definitely take a look at this guide. We have compared the best models for you.
The checklist gives you a comprehensive overview of Tamiya’s models. In our product recommendations, you will find suggestions for great products. There you are guaranteed to find what you are looking for.
- Remote Control (RC) models are remote controlled vehicles. Before buying, consider whether you have enough space for them at home.
- The vehicles from Tamiya can be based on well-known models. For example, the Japanese manufacturer offers VW buses, VW Beetles, Toyotas or Citroens.
- Be sure to pay attention to the age recommendation given by Tamiya. Some of the RC models are very complex and unsuitable for young children.
- Most RC models are officially intended for children 14 years and older. Few vehicles even from 12 years. However, when making a potential purchase, decide above all on the basis of how advanced your child is.
- Knives and other tools must be used when building the models. Make sure that no one gets hurt. It is essential that an adult supervises the assembly of the RC model.
- Since the kits usually contain many small parts, make sure that no small children, especially under the age of 3, are around during assembly. They could swallow the small particles in the worst case scenario.
- Before buying, consider how big and heavy your model can be.
- The length of the vehicles can be up to 530 mm, the height up to 293 mm and the width up to 290 mm.
- The weight of your RC model can be up to 4 kg.
- The scale of most kits is usually 1:10, 1:12 or 1:14.
- If you buy a truck model, the loading area can be partially loaded with up to 10 kg.
- Many RC vehicles from Tamiya are made of polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate is very durable and stable.
- Away from the RC models, Tamiya also offers normal plastic models.Often Tamiya installs a powerful 540 engine in its cars.
- For some models you may need some accessories. Often you have to buy a remote control, a charger, a steering servo or a battery pack.
- Tamiya offers numerous optional tuning parts that you can use to spice up your RC vehicle. These must be purchased separately.
Table of contents
Recommended RC Models From Tamiya
We have collected the best and most interesting RC models from Tamiya
Tip: You can find the best Sylvanian family toys in our guide.
The Best Sellers Of RC Models From Tamiya
In a list of best-sellers, we have compiled the most popular RC models from Tamiya for you.
Tip: The best stilts for children can be found in our guide.
Current Offers Of RC Models From Tamiya
Find the best current offers on RC models from Tamiya in this list.
FAQ About Tamiya RC Models
The cheaper models start at 100€. These are very simple equipped. If you want more elaborate models, the price can be up to 300€ or more. it depends on how big and fast the model should be.
There are models with batteries but also with batteries. Here the advantages and disadvantages must be weighed. Batteries provide a longer driving fun but must be replaced and disposed of. Batteries, on the other hand, only need to be charged, but offer a shorter driving fun.
Remote-controlled vehicles may only be driven on private property. Not outside
More on the subject
- The 9 best toy cars made of wood – guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 10 best remote control cars for kids – guidebook
- The 12 most popular Fast and Furious model cars
- The 9 best model cars from Siku – Guidebook
- The 10 best RC monster trucks for kids – guidebook
Toys for kids
- The 9 best excavators from Siku – guidebook
- The 5 best Lego Duplo fire department sets – guidebook
- The 7 best magnetic toys – guidebook
- The 5 best Schleich riding stables – guidebook
- The 7 best Playmobil police stations – guidebook
- The 8 best Polly Pocket toys – guidebook
- The 8 best Lego Duplo farms – guidebook
- The 5 best LEGO Boost robot kits – guidebook
- The 7 best LEGO Technic cranes – guidebook
- The Top 12 LEGO Avengers Figures – Guidebook
- The 10 Best LEGO Architecture Skyline Collection Sets – Guidebook
- The 6 Best LEGO Millennium Falcon Kits – Guidebook