RC buggies are made for racing or just running around outside. This keeps your child happy and improves hand-eye coordination. However, RC buggies from different manufacturers have different characteristics, which you should be well informed about before buying.
Our checklist and product recommendation bring you quickly and easily up to date and offer you the best RC buggies at a glance.
- With buggies, the appeal is not only that you (or your offspring) can use it to cruise around on versatile terrain, but also that it can forgive a few pile-ups without a second thought. In this respect, buggies in particular are an ideal starter gift for kids into RC vehicles. Some large-tired models, such as the Chicco RC car for just under 40 euros, can already be steered from the age of 2 without any problems and promote both spatial awareness and the hand-eye combination.
- Depending on the product, it is controlled with a remote control or with an associated app.
- At primary school age from about 6 years, kids place more emphasis on details and agility. Starting at 40 euros, Carrera has a number of models on offer that cut a good figure both on the asphalt and on the mogul track. For the home, however, the little horsepower devils are already significantly overpowered. As your children become more mobile and adventurous, so the demands on the buggy increase from about 9 years. Various crashes are likely to be unavoidable even for otherwise level-headed racing pilots, so you should pay attention to the spare parts supply when buying. For a suitable vehicle like the Modster Rookie, however, you should spend about 80 euros.
- When it comes to tires, you can confidently go with your gut feeling, depending on where you want your offspring to ride. Since we are talking about children’s toys, you will probably go for an electric motor, which means less sound, but less risk of injury and noise, although it accelerates the 500-800 gram RC buggies lively. Inexpensive models run on standard batteries<, while mid-range and higher models use rechargeable batteries (some of which you can replace). The driving time varies depending on the model and stresses up to 20 minutes, while the charging can take several hours depending on the quality of the device. Features such as extra lighting or signal horns were of course also included.
Table of contents
Recommended RC Buggies For Children
We have collected the best and most interesting RC buggies for kids.
Tip: In our guide to the best LEGO duplo farms you will find even more toys.
The Best Sellers Of RC Buggies For Kids
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular RC buggies for kids for you.
Current Offers On RC Buggies For Kids
Find the best current deals on RC buggies for kids in this list.
Tip: For exciting tips on grilling, check out our guide to the best smoker grills for you.
FAQ About RC Buggies
There are different RC cars for different age groups starting at already 2 years. It’s best to pay attention to the manufacturer’s age recommendation.
For inexperienced children, it is better to get a slower (12 km/h) RC car, because they are easier to control. If your child already has experience with RC cars, you can get him a faster model (over 30 km/h).
A model with a short range is sufficient for children
- The 15 best RC cars for men – guidebook
- The 9 best cars from Carrera RC – guidebook
- The 30 best RC cars for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best remote control cars for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best RC models from Tamiya – Guidebook
- The 10 best RC models from Revell-Control – Guidebook
- The 8 best RC trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC monster trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC crawlers for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC helicopter cars for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best remote control boats for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC cranes for kids – guidebook
- The top 17 remote controlled animals – guidebook
- The 12 best remote controlled LEGO Technic kits – How to guide
- The 18 best RC construction machines for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 8 best Carrera Digital 132 racetracks & cars – guidebook
- The 9 best Carrera RC cars – guidebook
- The 9 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Evolution – guidebook
- The 8 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Digital 124 – Guidebook
- The 10 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Go – Guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 7 best fire engines from Siku – Guidebook
- The 5 best Matchbox cars for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best LEGO Speed Champions cars – guidebook
- The 8 best Hot Wheels cars and tracks – guidebook
- The 15 best fire engines for kids – guidebook