Table of contents
RC cars (or also called remote-controlled cars) create fast-paced action, lots of movement, and a whole lot of fun. You also have a wide arsenal of cars, trucks, and buggies from which you can choose freely. When choosing your dream car, always keep in mind which age group is crucial for you, which type of drive the vehicle uses, and which scale is used.
We have listed the most important key points on the subject of RC cars in our checklist for you. In our product recommendations you will also find the best RC cars on the market.
The Bestsellers Of The RC Cars For Kids
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular RC cars for kids for you.
Checklist For RC Cars
- Remote control cars are available for different age groups.
- For children from 0 – 3 years, there is only a small selection, because children can not yet handle the controls well.
- For children from 3 – 6 years light models with electric motor are offered. The speeds here are not so high. The remote control has only a few levers and buttons.
- For children from 6 to 10 years, radio-controlled cars with higher speeds are also suitable. Also offered are RC cars that still have to be assembled by the child.
- For children from 10 to 14 years, powerful models are offered that have internal combustion engines. Speeds should not exceed 40 km/h.
- From the age of 14, there are no restrictions.
- You can find RC cars in different scales. Especially large are the models with a scale of 1:5 or up to 1:12.
- Smaller models have the scales of up to 1:36. They usually have an electric motor.
- There are also microcars. These have a length of only about 5 cm.
- When it comes to vehicle classes, you choose from RC buggies, remote-controlled monster trucks and truggies.
- Truggies have all-wheel drive.
- Trucks and sports cars are also offered.
- Many of the RC cars have an electric motor.
- Models with electric motors can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Electric motors are quiet and use rechargeable batteries. As a result, they do not pollute the air.
- The cost is low.
- However, the battery takes some time to recharge.
- There are also RC cars with internal combustion engines.
- They are only suitable for outdoor use.
- The displacement is from 0.1 to 0.3 liters.
- There are versions as two-stroke or four-stroke.
- The tank volume can be up to 0.7 liters.
- The operation is done by a remote control. This has channels for brake as well as for gas.
- Steering can be done via steering wheel, levers or buttons . Often even via apps.
- High freedom from interference is achieved at frequencies of 2.4 GHz.
- The remote control is another variant. This is connected to the vehicle via cable
Recommended RC Cars For Children
We have collected the best and most interesting RC cars for children.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: More adventurous play options are available for you in our guide to the best Playmobil rides for kids.
Current Offers Of RC Cars For Children
Find the best current offers on RC cars for kids in this list.
Tip: You’ll find lots of helpful DIY tips in our guide to the best paint spraying systems.
FAQ About RC Cars For Kids
Most RC cars use NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) and lead batteries. However, some models are powered by Lipo (lithium polymer) batteries.
RC is the one abbreviation for “Radio Control”. An RC car is considered a toy car that can be controlled remotely via radio.
RC cars can go over 40 km/h.
Driving RC cars is prohibited in public places. However, you can drive in closed off places as long as no one feels disturbed. Otherwise, you can also drive your RC car on your own property or in your home.
More On The Topic
- The 15 best RC cars for men – guidebook
- The 9 best cars from Carrera RC – guidebook
- The 10 best remote control cars for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best RC models from Tamiya – Guidebook
- The 10 best RC models from Revell-Control – Guidebook
- The 8 best RC trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC monster trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC buggies for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC helicopter cars for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best remote control boats for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC cranes for kids – guidebook
- The 12 best RC excavators for kids – guidebook
- The top 17 remote controlled animals – guidebook
- The 12 best remote controlled LEGO Technic kits – guidebook
- The 18 best RC construction machines for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 8 best Carrera Digital 132 racetracks & cars – guidebook
- The 9 best Carrera RC cars – guidebook
- The 9 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Evolution – guidebook
- The 8 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Digital 124 – Guidebook
- The 10 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Go – Guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 7 best fire engines from Siku – Guidebook
- The 5 best Matchbox cars for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best LEGO Speed Champions cars – guidebook
- The 8 best Hot Wheels cars and tracks – guidebook
- The 15 best fire engines for kids – guidebook