RC cars (or also called remote-controlled cars) create fast-paced action, lots of movement, and a whole lot of fun. You also have a wide arsenal of cars, trucks, and buggies from which you can choose freely. When choosing your dream car, always keep in mind which age group is crucial for you, which type of drive the vehicle uses, and which scale is used.
We have listed the most important key points on the subject of RC cars in our checklist for you. In our product recommendations you will also find the best RC cars on the market.
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The RC Cars For Kids
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular RC cars for kids for you.
Checklist For RC Cars
- Remote control cars are available for different age groups.
- For children from 0 – 3 years, there is only a small selection, because children can not yet handle the controls well.
- For children from 3 – 6 years light models with electric motor are offered. The speeds here are not so high. The remote control has only a few levers and buttons.
- For children from 6 to 10 years, radio-controlled cars with higher speeds are also suitable. Also offered are RC cars that still have to be assembled by the child.
- For children from 10 to 14 years, powerful models are offered that have internal combustion engines. Speeds should not exceed 40 km/h.
- From the age of 14, there are no restrictions.
- You can find RC cars in different scales. Especially large are the models with a scale of 1:5 or up to 1:12.
- Smaller models have the scales of up to 1:36. They usually have an electric motor.
- There are also microcars. These have a length of only about 5 cm.
- When it comes to vehicle classes, you choose from RC buggies, remote-controlled monster trucks and truggies.
- Truggies have all-wheel drive.
- Trucks and sports cars are also offered.
- Many of the RC cars have an electric motor.
- Models with electric motors can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Electric motors are quiet and use rechargeable batteries. As a result, they do not pollute the air.
- The cost is low.
- However, the battery takes some time to recharge.
- There are also RC cars with internal combustion engines.
- They are only suitable for outdoor use.
- The displacement is from 0.1 to 0.3 liters.
- There are versions as two-stroke or four-stroke.
- The tank volume can be up to 0.7 liters.
- The operation is done by a remote control. This has channels for brake as well as for gas.
- Steering can be done via steering wheel, levers or buttons . Often even via apps.
- High freedom from interference is achieved at frequencies of 2.4 GHz.
- The remote control is another variant. This is connected to the vehicle via cable
Recommended RC Cars For Children
We have collected the best and most interesting RC cars for children.
- 【DOUBLE SIDE DRIVE DESIGN】This RC car allows you to drive on both sides powered by its unique design, so you don’t have to worry about the car rollover. No matter how the vehicle turns over, you can just continue to operate it without the need of walking into it to turn it over.
- 【TRANSFORMABLE EXPERIENCE】 Due to the special bionic spine you can use one button to transform the rc crawler to on-road and off-road mode, allowing you to experience from both sides and different terrains under two different modes.
- 【4WD PERFORMANCE CONTROL】With 4 wheel drive, the rc car front and rear dual motors provide strong power torque which is able to conquer various terrain like grassland, sandy land, muddy grounds, snow and so on.
- 【ALL WATERPROOF CAR BODY】 Our BEZGAR 15 is equipped with a waterproof rubber ring to protect the inner accessories. This makes it possible to even drive on shallow water. However, please don't drive in deep water.
- 💝【BEST PERFECT GIFT FOR KIDS】💝A cool toy grade rc car toys for 6+ year old boys which serves as an ideal gift for birthdays and many other occasions. If you are looking for an exciting and extra cool present, you will love our radio controlled cars. Racing your family or friends is always exciting and everyone can join in the BEZGAR fun.
- Professional Brushless Motor: RC2485 3200kv professional brushless motor, 23600 rev per minute at 7.2v, making the speed up to 52km/h, compared with the brushed motor, the brushless motor has 2-3 times life span, 1/3 energy consumption and lower noise.
- Intelligent ESC Protection:The 35A electronic speed controllers (ESC) receiver has a variety of intelligent protection functions,Including over-current protection and battery low-voltage cut-off protection functions，IPX4 waterproof level provides all-round and angle splash water protection, can be splashed water from different angles, but don't submerge it underwater.
- Amazing Body Structure:Anti-corrosion, high strength, anti-impact PA material chassis and Reinforced Body Frame make the rc car not east to break.Aluminum alloy damping springs, widened suspension system and vacuum rubber tires, all-terrain adaptation, whether on rugged slopes or rough mountain roads are as usual.
- Upgraded Digital Servo:3-wire digital Servo, 1.8kg pull force, 300 pulses per second, compared with analog servo, digital servo provides higher accuracy and better fixed power, faster response, Softer and faster acceleration and deceleration.Digital servo provides higher precision and better fixed power and anti-shake function.
- Other Parameters:2 speed mode,4 wheel drive,2.4Ghz,80-90m control distance, 7.2V,1000mAh li-ion battery,60-70 mins charging time,15 mins max speed running time,6 months free return guarantee.
Tip: More adventurous play options are available for you in our guide to the best Playmobil rides for kids.
Current Offers Of RC Cars For Children
Find the best current offers on RC cars for kids in this list.
Tip: You’ll find lots of helpful DIY tips in our guide to the best paint spraying systems.
FAQ About RC Cars For Kids
Most RC cars use NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) and lead batteries. However, some models are powered by Lipo (lithium polymer) batteries.
RC is the one abbreviation for “Radio Control”. An RC car is considered a toy car that can be controlled remotely via radio.
RC cars can go over 40 km/h.
Driving RC cars is prohibited in public places. However, you can drive in closed off places as long as no one feels disturbed. Otherwise, you can also drive your RC car on your own property or in your home.
More On The Topic
- The 15 best RC cars for men – guidebook
- The 9 best cars from Carrera RC – guidebook
- The 10 best remote control cars for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best RC models from Tamiya – Guidebook
- The 10 best RC models from Revell-Control – Guidebook
- The 8 best RC trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC monster trucks for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best RC buggies for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC helicopter cars for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best remote control boats for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best RC cranes for kids – guidebook
- The 12 best RC excavators for kids – guidebook
- The top 17 remote controlled animals – guidebook
- The 12 best remote controlled LEGO Technic kits – guidebook
- The 18 best RC construction machines for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best wooden toy cars – guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 8 best Carrera Digital 132 racetracks & cars – guidebook
- The 9 best Carrera RC cars – guidebook
- The 9 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Evolution – guidebook
- The 8 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Digital 124 – Guidebook
- The 10 best race tracks & cars from Carrera Go – Guidebook
- The 15 best toy cars – guidebook
- The 7 best fire engines from Siku – Guidebook
- The 5 best Matchbox cars for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best LEGO Speed Champions cars – guidebook
- The 8 best Hot Wheels cars and tracks – guidebook
- The 15 best fire engines for kids – guidebook