Table of contents
Experimentation and multi-layered sets with complex technology. No other LEGO product series embodies these qualities as well as LEGO Technic kits. LEGO Technic grows with you and inspires building fun at any age. LEGO offers numerous models, many extensive functions, and different difficulty levels.
To help you keep track, we have summarized the most important key points in our checklist. The best LEGO Technic kits are available for you in our product recommendations.
- LEGO Techn ic combines construction and technology, because the finished kits are functional.
- From LEGO Techn ic there are high-quality collectibles that are modeled 1:1 after their real-life counterparts.
- For example, replicas of well-known vehicle models such as cars, racing cars, trucks and construction machinery are available.
- Likewise, you can get vehicles that are realistically designed, but not developed from the model of a real vehicle.
- Very expensive, complex models are less suitable as toys, but more as exhibits or for demonstration.
- If you want your child to be able to play with it, make sure you choose a LEGO Technic kit that is appropriate for your child’s age and abilities.
- LEGO Technic kits are equipped with batteries or rechargeable batteries and motors.
- They are controlled via a remote control or, in some new models, via an app using a smartphone.
- Find out before you buy if a remote control is included.
- The ready-built cars can be raced and the realistic construction machines can do their work with the remote control, such as extending the crane, excavating and much more.
- Smaller kits with few parts are suitable from 7 to 8 years.
- The more parts the LEGO Technic kit contains, the more difficult it is to build.
- Therefore, large building sets are only suitable for older children from 10 to 12 years.
- If your child has never built a LEGO Technic kit before, it is best to choose a simple model so that your child can become familiar with the construction.
- If the kit is too difficult,your child may quickly lose the joy of it.
- If your child can’t cope with the building instructions, you can actively support him or her.
- Building together is much more fun.
- Adults also enjoy LEGO Technic kits!
- LEGO Techn ic is not suitable for small children, because the assembly is too difficult and the many, small individual parts can quickly disappear or even be swallowed.
Recommendable LEGO Technic Construction Sets
We have collected the best and most interesting LEGO Technic kits.
Tip: You can find lots of great toys for toddlers in our guide to the best toys for 2-year-olds.
The Best Sellers Of LEGO Technic Kits
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular LEGO Technic kits for you.
Current Offers Of LEGO Technic Kits
Find the best current deals on LEGO Techn ic kits in this list.
Tip: Check out our guide to the best St. Pauli jerseys for helpful advice on sportswear for you.
FAQ About LEGO Technic Kits
The concept LEGO Technic, has been around since 1977, but back then it was called “Expert Builder”. In 1984 it was renamed LEGO Technic.
The LEGO Technic Porsche consists of 2700 parts.
LEGO Technic kits use the LEGO Power Functions battery (7.4 V). You can charge the battery with the LEGO 10 V DC charger.
The LEGO Technic bucket wheel excavator consists of 3900 parts.
Depending on the model size, LEGO Technic is suitable for different age groups. First smaller kits are already available from 6 years. Some models only from 10 years. Very complex models are suitable only from 16 years.
The LEGO Technic crane consists of 4050 parts.
The LEGO Technic Arocs consists of 2793 parts.
LEGO Technic is an extension of the traditional LEGO building blocks with new construction possibilities. Among other things, the single-row bricks contain holes on the vertical surface.
The best way to clean LEGO Technic bricks is with water and a soft cloth or sponge.
To create LEGO Technic models, LEGO uses building software specially developed for LEGO.
- The 7 best LEGO Technic cranes – guidebook
- The 8 best LEGO Technic kits – guidebook
- The 12 best remote-controlled LEGO Technic kits – guidebook
LEGO Building Kits
- The 5 Best LEGO Boost Robot Kits – Guidebook
- The 6 best LEGO Millennium Falcon kits – how to guide
- The 10 Best LEGO BrickHeadz Kits – Guidebook
- The 10 Best LEGO City Kits – Guidebook
- 10 Best LEGO Classics Kits – Guidebook
- 9 Best LEGO Disney Kits – Guidebook
- 10 Best LEGO DOTS Kits – Guidebook
- 12 Best LEGO Technic Remote Control Kits – Guidebook
- 8 Best LEGO Super Mario Kits – Guidebook
- 18 Best LEGO Star Wars Kits – Guidebook
- The 8 best LEGO Spiderman figures and kits – guidebook
- The 8 Best LEGO Overwatch Kits – Guidebook
- The 10 Best LEGO Hidden Side Kits – Guidebook
- The 10 Best LEGO Mindstorms Kits – Guidebook
- 15 Best LEGO Harry Potter Kits – How To
- The 12 Best LEGO Friends Kits – Guidebook