RC trucks promise fun for young and old. To help you choose the right model for your child, we have created this guide. Here you will find important information on the subject and guidelines in connection with age recommendations and the place of use.
Our checklist gives you a first overview and our product recommendations help you with the final selection.
- Models with simple operation and a clear range of functions are suitable for children as young as 3 years old.
- For children up to about 6 years old, RC trucks with a speed of 12 to 15 km/h are recommended.
- Children 6 years and older can also play with RC trucks with a speed of up to 25 km/h.
- RC trucks that reach a speed of 50 km/h should only be used from the age of 14.
- When buying, pay attention to the manufacturer’s age recommendation .
- Remote-controlled trucks that allow both speed and steering to be continuously adjusted to the child’s age and experience are recommended.
- A small steering angle makes it easier for inexperienced drivers to keep the truck on track.
- A larger steering deflection allows the truck to take sharp turns.
- Remote-controlled trucks have to withstand a lot. Accordingly, they should be made of sturdy materials.
- Manufacturers usually use unbreakable plastic and metal.
- Pay particular attention to sturdy workmanship of axles and hinges.
- For faster RC trucks , a rollover bar and spoiler are useful.
- The radio antenna should be as flexible as possible so that it does not break in the event of an accident. Models with 2.4 GHz remote control are advantageous. These have very short and therefore insensitive antennas.
- Before buying, consider where your child will primarily play with the RC truck.
- Compact vehicles with a small turning circle are more suitable for the home so that the truck does not crash into walls and furniture. The tires should have enough grip to not lose grip on smooth wooden floors or tiles.
- If the RC truck goes outside, it needs an off-road chassis with good suspension and deep tire tread. The body must have sufficient ground clearance to avoid damage when driving over uneven slopes. RC trucks with all-wheel drive (4WD) have a clear advantage outdoors.
Table of contents
Recommended RC Trucks For Kids
We have collected the best and most interesting RC trucks for children.
The Best Sellers Of RC Trucks For Kids
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular RC trucks for kids for you.
Tip: Here you can find the best toys from Wader.
Current Offers Of RC Trucks For Kids
Find the best current deals on RC trucks for kids in this list.
FAQ For RC Trucks
RC is an abbreviation and comes from the English (Remote Controlled). This means in German: remote controlled. RC trucks are therefore, for example, toy trucks that can be controlled remotely.
For RC toys, the remote control is included in the shelf. Depending on the model, the remote controls differ. However, the controls are also available for purchase separately.
The remote control for RC trucks you usually buy automatically when you order a RC truck. However, you can also buy individual remote controls.
- The 10 best RC drones
- The 10 best RC monster trucks for kids
- The 10 best RC trucks for kids
- The 8 best RC cranes for kids
- The 8 best RC helicopters Cars for kids
- The 16 best RC airplanes Cars for kids
- The 7 best RC drift cars for kids
- The 10 best RC crawlers for kids
- The 10 best remote control cars for kids