Your child plays basketball? Then go ahead, the right basketball shoes are very important at this point. So that your child feels comfortable and can play in the best possible way, you can find out here what to look for.
Our checklist will help you so that you don’t make any mistakes when buying. Below you will find our recommendations for the best basketball shoes.
- When sizing, you should measure the width and length of the child’s feet.
- A slight rolling clearance in the front of the foot is important so that the foot can move well.
- The clearance can be 12 – 15 mm.
- In models with laces, the basketball shoes can be adjusted even better to the foot.
- An additional Velcro closure at ankle level is also helpful for a better fit.
- To function as a support in basketball, your child needs basketball shoes with a high wearing comfort.
- They should have a non-slip sole that grips well on the indoor floor.
- The sturdy finish will ensure that the basketball shoes will last for a long time.
- You can look for the individual areas to be stitched and not glued. This can be seen in the seams.
- Seams are much more durable than areas where the individual parts have been glued.
- Integrated cushioning absorbs jumps.
- Ankle protection reduces the risk of twisting an ankle.
- Basketball shoes are exposed to high loads during training and games and should therefore be robust.
- Leather is a suitable material.
- Leather is breathable and therefore provides a good climate in the shoe.
- Basketball shoes made of plastic are cheaper, but are subject to wear more quickly and do not offer breathability.
- For children, the choice of basketball shoes also depends on the design.
- There are models in bright colors or even monochromatic designs. Here, the colors of the team or the training clothes also play a role.
- Especially in basketball, retro shoes are very popular. Some of the models have been made by manufacturers for years.
- There are also basketball shoes that can be designed yourself. If your child has exact ideas about the colors and look, this is a possible solution.
Table of contents
Recommended Basketball Shoes For Children
Here you can find the top 8 most popular basketball shoes for kids.
Tip: LEGO is always worth investing in! Find here the best LEGO Batman sets.
Kids Basketball Shoes Best Sellers
We have compiled the most popular basketball shoes for kids for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Many great Sets from LEGO-City you can discover here.
Current Offers For Basketball Shoes For Kids
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Basketball Shoes for Kids section.
FAQ For Basketball Shoes For Kids
Depending on the manufacturer, different size charts are important. In addition to European sizes, there are also English and American sizes. If you are in the middle of two sizes, it is better to take the larger version. Tip: Sometimes there are also half sizes.
Which basketball shoes are best is an individual question (fit, material preferences, wearing time and frequency, desired features). There is something for every foot in our product recommendations. Shoes with breathability and ankle protection are particularly popular, e.g. the adidas Unisex Kids Hoops Mid 2.0.
More On The Topic
Sports shoes and clothing
- The top 9 martial arts shoes – guidebook
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes – guide
- The 10 best soccer shoes for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best tennis shoes – guidebook
- The 8 best tennis shoes for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best sneakers for children – guidebook
- The 7 best sports shoes for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best Germany jerseys for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best goalkeeper jerseys for kids – How to buy
- The 5 best referee jerseys for kids – How to buy
- The 7 best Austria kits for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best Germany kits for kids – guidebook