Tunnel tents offer a lot of space due to their tunnel-like shape and can also be divided into different rooms. Especially for family trips, the tunnel tent is a good choice for the next camping trip. When choosing your tunnel tent, you should pay attention to what material is used for the tent and what equipment you need to get the most comfort out of your tunnel tent.
On our checklist you will find the most important information about tunnel tents. With our product recommendation, we also show you the tunnel tent that suits you best.
- Tunnel tents offer more space than dome tents and are popular with families. The largest offer is for tents from four to eight people.
- The pitching is a bit more complicated because the footprint is larger. Usually, they must be secured with pegs in the ground.
- They are the preferred choice if they are to be left in one place for a long time, such as on camping vacations.
- People who want to spend their outdoor vacation in several places should think about the option of an inflatable tunnel tent. This option can be set up and used in seven to ten minutes.
- Good models should have at least 3,000 millimeters of water column, so they can repel prolonged land rain well.
- The tent floor should be welded and fully integrated and the seams taped. Insects and moisture thus have no chance.
- The entrance area can ideally be equipped with a mosquito net.
- Family-friendly models are barrier-free in the entrance area. This allows bulky items such as a stroller or mountain bike to be rolled inside.
- The biggest advantage of tunnel tents is the separate room division. Due to the tunnel shape, good tunnel tents offer a sleeping area and a recreation area. Some have an anteroom with storage space for luggage, strollers, and more. If necessary, partitions can ideally be removed to increase the space.
- Tunnel tents for four to six people should have 20 square meters of floor space. Smaller models for four people are available from about 14 square meters.
- Well-designed tunnel tents have a standing height of 200 cm or more in the center. They weigh 6 to 8 people but about 20 kg and above. Models for four people weigh much less at about 14 kg .
- Some tunnel tents have a fold-out canopy. A large PVC window should be available.
- For sleep-sensitive people, there are models with a darkened interior in the sleeping area. The advantage in summer: The temperature in the tent is up to 5 ° C cooler because the light radiation is filtered.
Table of contents
Recommended Tunnel Tents
We have compiled the 8 best tunnel tents for you.
Tip: You can find many helpful tips on child seats in our guide to the best child seats.
The Best Sellers Of Tunnel Tents
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular tunnel tents for you.
Tip: For more on outdoor activities, check out our guide to the beste-scooters at .
Current Offers Of Tunnel Tents
You can find the best current offers on tunnel tents in this list.
FAQ Tunnel Tents
Tunnel tents are tents that are supported by parallel pole arches, giving them a tunnel-like shape. The structure of the tunnel tent makes it possible to divide the tent into several living areas.
Depending on the accessories and material, the price range of tunnel tents is 50 – 1000€.
There are smaller tents that are designed for 1-2 people or larger family tents that can house up to 8 people.
- The 10 best camping equipment for family vacation – guidebook
- The 7 best camping tables for families – guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – Guide
- The 8 best camping chairs for children – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for the family vacation – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Austria – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Croatia – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Italy – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in France – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Germany – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping pavilions – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping barbecues – Guidebook
- The 15 best teepee tents for kids – Guidebook
- The 13 best children’s tents for indoors & outdoors – Guidebook
- The 10 best awnings for camping – Guidebook
- The 10 best trekking tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best steep wall tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best dome tents – guidebook
- The 8 best 6-man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 3 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 2 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 1 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best family tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best inflatable tents for camping – guidebook
- The 7 best inflatable tents – How to guide