Your kid is into motorsports and wants a motorcycle of their own? Kids’ motorcycles are a great way to slowly introduce your offspring to motorcycling. Both balance and anticipatory driving are practiced.
Our checklist gives you a good overview of all the criteria that are crucial for buying a children’s motorcycle. After comparing different children’s motorcycles, we have compiled a selection of good children’s motorcycles in the product recommendations.
- There are different children’s motorcycles (also called dirt bikes) for different age groups. Especially for younger children, a motorcycle with training wheels is recommended.
- Children’s motorcycles are available in different brands and models. The design is usually based on real motorcycles.
- Basically, children’s motorcycles are equipped with an electric motor. Models with gasoline engines are much faster (up to 80 km/h) and are not suitable for young children.
- For each children’s motorcycle there is an age recommendation, which should be followed mandatory. A rule of thumb for the right size is that the child should be able to touch the ground safely with his feet.
- Regardless of the age recommendation, the child’s individual abilities should be considered to avoid injuries and accidents.
- A helmet should always be worn while riding to prevent head injuries.
- Children’s motorcycles are not allowed on public roads in Germany and may only be ridden on private property.
- Even dirt roads with road access are not permitted for children’s motorcycles.
- Before riding on sports fields and meadows, the owner of the property should be asked for permission.
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Motorcycles
Here you will find the top 15 among the most popular children’s motorcycles.
Tip: You can find safe child seats in our guide to child seats.
The Best Sellers Of Children’s Motorcycles
We have compiled the most popular children’s motorcycles for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find practical rubber hammers in our guide to rubber hammers.
Current Offers For Children Motorcycle
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the children’s motorcycles section.
FAQ About Kids Motorcycles
Since there are many different models with different features and speeds, it is not possible to give a general answer as to when such a children’s motorcycle can be ridden. Therefore, the manufacturer’s specifications must always be observed. Regardless of this, however, you should consider the abilities and development of the child. Because safety always comes first. If a children’s motorcycle is approved for ages 6 and up, for example, that doesn’t mean it will fit every child. Sometimes it’s better to wait and see.
There are different electric children’s motorcycles that can reach different speeds. Thus, you should always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and pay attention to the safety of the child. For example, if a children’s motorcycle is approved for ages 8 and up, it does not mean that every child of that age can handle it. It is often safer to wait a little longer or choose a different model. The dangers should not be underestimated, as some vehicles can reach up to 80 km/h.
You can find a selection of great children’s motorcycles in our product recommendations.
There are many brands of children’s motorcycles, including models based on the original, for example, Yamaha, or BWM. But there are also other good manufacturers, for example Actionbike Motors or HOMCOM.
Vehicles with electric motor
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes – guidebook
- The best e-bikes 2020 – guidebook
- The best e-bikes for children – guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – Guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The 9 best ski helmets for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best bike helmets for kids – guidebook
- The top 9 softair helmets – guidebook
- The 10 best forestry helmets – guidebook