For many children, the tricycle is the first vehicle they ever ride. It allows children to train their endurance and ride around independently without having to be able to keep their balance. There are many different types of tricycles. Many can have a bar attached to them that can be used to push tired children. Some even have some storage space and can carry various things.
In our product recommendations you will certainly find the right tricycle for your child.
- There is no set age recommendation
- Most recommendations assume a minimum age of 3 years. However, it always depends on the developmental stage of your child . The legs/feet of your child should reach the ground, often this is already the case between the first and second year of life .
- Variants that can also be pushed are well suited for younger children. There are models that are particularly suitable for children from 10 months.
- Tricycles come in different sizes and designs.
- For younger children, there are running bikes or pedal bikes as an alternative.
- Pushable variants (usually with removable pushers) offer additional safety for your child and are great for younger kids who can’t yet ride on their own.
- There are also adjustable tricycles that can be quickly converted into a two-wheeler (a good introduction to cycling).
- Tricycles are available with and without pedals (also detachable) and with or without folding function.
- Plastic wheels make a lot of noise, there are special tires that are much quieter.
- For the material you can choose between metal, wood or plastic. Metal is best because it is the lightest and very sturdy. Wooden tricycles are a little more robust but heavier. Plastic tricycles are the lightest in terms of weight, but have the highest wear
- Your child trains his motor skills and is outside in the fresh air
- In addition, your child moves a lot.
- Through the tricycle your child gets a good driving experience and can get used to it.
- If your child is still too young for a bike, there are alternatives such as running bikes.
- If your child is still unsure or a bit younger at the beginning, you have the possibility to choose a model with (mostly) removable pushers.
- Your child can get ready to ride a bike.
Table of contents
Recommended Tricycles For Children
We have compiled the best tricycles for children.
Tip: You can find many more children’s vehicles for your child in our guide to the best e-scooters for kids.
The Best Sellers Of Tricycles For Kids
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular tricycles for children for you.
Tip: You can find the 4 best e-scooters from Wizzard in our guide to the 4 best e-scooters from Wizzard.…
Current Offers Of Tricycles For Children
You can find the best current offers on tricycles for kids in this list.
FAQ About Tricycles For Kids
There are no clear rules for when a child can, may and wants to ride a tricycle. One should always pay attention to the safety instructions and age recommendations of the manufacturers. Most recommendations assume 3 years as the minimum age. Some tricycles work without pedals and/or alternatively by being pushed by an adult. These variants are particularly suitable for younger children. But there are also models that are suitable for children from 10 months. You should always consider the developmental stage of your child. Your child’s legs should at least reach the ground.
Since tricycles are difficult to tip over due to the arrangement of the wheels, they are a good introduction for children to acquire initial balance and steering skills. Furthermore, this gets the child used to the feeling of riding, which can be helpful for riding a bike later on. Overall, tricycles are also often used in the fresh air and provide plenty of exercise. Both are healthy. By riding, motor skills are trained.
It is not possible to make a blanket statement about which tricycles are best. For example, variants that can also be pushed are good. Particularly practical are models that can also be converted into a running bike with two wheels. That way, you get something out of it for a long time and the bike can grow with your child’s abilities and preferences.
The running bike is recommended for smaller children. Tricycles are better suited for older children. However, there are tricycles that are suitable for children 10 months and older.
In most cases, the pedals on tricycles are removable. The advantage of pedals is that his child can thus prepare for riding a bike.
Vehicles For Children
- The 10 best tricycle buggies – guidebook
- The 7 best drift trikes for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s vehicles from Puky – guidebook
- The 8 best children’s vehicles from Kettler – guidebook
- The 7 best drift trikes for kids – guidebook
- The 12 best hoverboards for kids – guidebook
- The best running wheels for children – guidebook
- The 10 best penny boards – guidebook
- The 5 best scooters for kids – guidebook
Running Bikes For Kids
- The 15 best running bikes from 1 year – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 1,5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 2 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 2,5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 3 years – guidebook