Vegetable slicers facilitate some steps in the kitchen during food preparation. Since there are many different models with different special functions, we have taken a closer look at vegetable slicers and compared individual products.
In our product recommendations, we have compiled the best models for you. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for in these vegetable slicers.
- A vegetable slicer should be as versatile as possible.
- The following things can be chopped: e.g. vegetables, fruit, mushrooms, cheese (e.g. mozzarella) and eggs.
- If different blades are included or can be retrofitted, some versatility is assured.
- Electric vegetable slicers are characterized by the fact that they quickly and easily chop the vegetables in the desired shape. They are plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Manual vegetable slicers, on the other hand, are operated by the user. They are usually cheaper to buy and do not require electricity.
- Within the two types, there is little difference in size. The electric vegetable slicers are usually less narrow, but higher. The manual cutters are deeper, but also significantly longer.
- With the vegetable slicer you can achieve the following cutting shapes:
- medium & large cubes.
- In order to be able to use the vegetable slicer in the long term, it should be of high quality and sturdy workmanship.
- Material: mostly plastic and stainless steel (especially the blades).
- It should also have high quality blades. Many models come with different blades and shapes (for example, wavy or flower-shaped).
- Some containers come with a collection container with a lid . This makes it easier to store the unused food.
- Devices with a self-cleaning function, as in the case of the Genius Nicer Dicer Chef, impress with their handiness.
- Keep away from children: The knives are very sharp, so I could quickly injure the children. Therefore, it is best to store the entire set out of their reach.
Table of contents
Recommended Vegetable Slicers
We have compiled the best and most interesting vegetable slicers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many more appliances for the kitchen in our The best kitchen appliances for the home – guide.
The Best Sellers Of Vegetable Slicer
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular vegetable slicers for you.
Tip: You can find many great diet shakes in our The 10 Best Diet Shakes – Guide.
Current Offers On Vegetable Slicers
You can find the best current offers on vegetable slicers in this list.
There are manual and electric vegetable slicers. You can find out which one is best for you in our checklist.
Most vegetable slicers are priced between 13 euros and 30 euros. There are also models that cost up to 50 euros. These are then mostly electric.
A vegetable slicer can chop food in different ways, for example into cubes, sticks, slices and strips. So with the different attachments, you can choose the type of cut, but also the shape. For example, you can choose a blade that cuts the vegetables wavy or flower-shaped.
Yes, all parts of the vegetable slicer can be put in the dishwasher.
More On The Topic
- The best kitchen utensils for the home – guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guide
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 5 best sterilizers – How to guide
- The 8 best bread makers – guidebook
- The 6 best freezers – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – How to
- The 10 best bread pots – How to
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 5 best pressure cookers – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best stair guards – advice
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – guidebook
- The best cleaning devices for home – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – Guidebook
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – How to guide
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best robotic vacuum cleaners with mopping function – guidebook