Billiards is a great game for young and old. In the best case, the balls are transported quite specifically into the right holes. But even for not so skilled players billiards prepares a lot of fun.
To find the right billiard table for home is not so easy. Besides large models for families and adults, there are special pool tables for children. In our checklist, you will find out what you should consider when buying a billiard table. In our product recommendations you will surely find the right billiard table for you.
- , First of all, you have to decide whether you are looking for a billiard table for children or a table that also offers adults enough billiard fun.
- Billiard tables for children can be placed on a dining table for example. Usually, they are not bigger than a table football game.
- Tables for adult hobby or professional players should have higher dimensions so that demanding maneuvers can be played.
- Although you can also find 6 and 7 foot tables, the official tournament size starts at 8 feet (playing surface: 224 x 112 cm).
- With a 9 foot table, you play on an area of 254 x 127 cm.
- 10 or 12 foot tables make sense if you want to practice snooker.
- The room where you want to set up the table should be large enough. You need 1.5 meters of space on each side of the table.
- Billiard tables must be stable and able to bear the weight of the players.
- High quality tables have slate tops that can deliver weights from 300 to over 1000 kg, depending on the size of the table.
- From the playing surface you can tell if it is a simple or a high quality table.
- Playing tops can be made of wood, MDF or slate.
- Inexpensive tables have tops made of wood or MDF.
- With billiard tables you have the choice between tables with pockets or ball return.
- With pockets you have to walk around the table to get the balls back.
- A ball return collects the balls at one side of the table.
- Billiard tables for children usually come with balls, cues and triangle.
- Tables for adults usually do not include accessories. Balls, cues, triangle and chalk must be purchased separately.
Table of contents
Recommended Billiard Tables
We have compiled the best and most interesting billiard tables. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many great spirit levels in our guide to spirit levels.
The Best Sellers Of Billiard Tables
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular billiard tables for you.
Tip: You can find many great foosball tables in our guide to foosball tables.
Current Offers On Billiard Tables
You can find the best current offers on billiard tables in this list.
FAQ About Billiard Tables
Billiard tables come in different sizes. A popular size is the 8-foot table with the dimensions 224 x 112 cm.
The prices of billiard tables vary extremely depending on the quality. There are already cheap models for about 500 euros and children’s tables for about 50 euros. High quality billiard tables can quickly cost well over 1000 euros. Snooker billiard tables usually start at a price of 2,000 euros.
Depending upon quality billiard tables have extreme price differences. While there are children’s tables for around 50 euros and billiard tables for adults start at about 500 euros, there are high-quality models that cost more than three times that.
On each side you should have 1.5 m distance to the wall next to the billiard table, so that one can move well around the table.
A pool billiard table is 8 or 9 feet tall and thus has a size of 224 x 112 or 254 x 127 cm.
Traditionally, billiards was played outside on the grass. Somewhere along the way, the game was moved indoors, but the table was left green in memory of the game’s origins.
The weight of billiard tables can vary greatly depending on the quality and material. Between 300 and 1000 kg weighs a billiard table.
Billiard tables are usually between 75 and 85 cm high.
Games for joint activities
- The 20 best foosball tables
- The 6 best poker tables
- The 6 best poker cases
- The 7 best poker sets for beginners
- The 7 best poker card sets
- The 10 best playing card sets
- The 14 best dartboards for home
- The 10 best bowling balls and bowling shoes
- The 10 best table tennis bats
- The 15 best table tennis tables
- The 10 best tennis shoes
- The 10 best tennis balls
- The 8 best basketball hoops for home
- The 8 best basketball hoops for kids
- The 8 best basketball shoes for kids
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes
- The 8 best soccer balls for kids
- The 10 best punching bags for home
- The 10 best boxing gloves for home training