A children’s globe allows your child to playfully explore the world at a young age. Depending on the design, not only cities and countries, but also languages, customs or landmarks can be explored.
We have summarized everything you need to know about globes for children in a checklist . You can find a selection of great globes in our product recommendations.
- Many globes for kids are recommended for children ages 5 to 7 and up.
- The older the child, the more extensive and detailed the information content that the globe can convey. Children who are too young would be overwhelmed here and would easily lose the joy of dealing with their globe.
- Therefore, always pay attention to the individual age recommendation of the manufacturer.
- For very young children who still see their globe primarily as a toy rather than a learning medium, inflatable globes are a good option. These can also serve as a beach ball, for example.
- Unlike a globe for adults, the presentation of information on a children’s globe is simplified. Often, certain rather complex information and elements such as vegetation zones and longitude and latitude are omitted completely. If they are nevertheless present, then also in very simplified form.
- Instead, more use is made of colors and images. Thus, a globe for children often also tries to make connections between certain countries and the animal species found there or between cities and their well-known landmarks recognizable through corresponding motifs and images. Here can also be incorporated elements that glow in the dark, for example, the nocturnal animals of this earth.
- In addition, attention is paid to a comfortable size of the globes. The models are usually made of light but robust plastic.
- Some globes come with booklets or books that provide additional explanations – again, prepared appropriately for the age group.
- A world atlas can also be included.
- If you want your globe to glow in the dark, choose a model with integrated lighting. In this case, a small lamp is built into the interior of the globe. So it can also be used as a night light.
- Meanwhile, there are also interactive globes, such as those offered by Tiptoi, Oregon Scientific or Clementoni. With the appropriate pen, the child can go on a journey of discovery and, by placing the pen on the children’s globe, obtain a lot of additional information or, for example, answer quiz questions.
- Generally speaking, talking globes with integrated speakers are very fascinating for children. Here they can hear more about customs and traditions in certain countries, learn curious facts or hear examples of the respective national language or the national anthem is played.
- If the globe is compatible with smartphones and tablets, there are even more possibilities. For example, photos and videos of the respective country can be viewed, or real-time information about the weather and local time, among other things, can be obtained.
Table of contents
Recommended Globes For Kids
Here you can find the top 10 most popular globes for kids.
Tip: Great kids’ pools for hot summer days can be found in our guide to pools for kids.
The Best Sellers Of Globe For Kids
We have compiled the most popular globes for kids for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Practical sawhorses as a support for sawing can be found in our guide to sawhorses.
Current Offers For Globe For Children
Here you will find a selection of current offers for globes for children.
FAQ About Globe For Kids
A globe is a model of the earth. As a rule, countries and bodies of water are marked on it, usually with labels. As a rule, replicas fit well on a shelf, windowsill or tables and dressers. They are used for decoration, but also provide important information content.
Which globe is suitable for children depends on how old the child is. There are special variants for different age groups. These are designed to be suitable for children, e.g. with animal pictures, lighting or sound output. Some versions can be controlled with apps, have an integrated screen or provide country-specific information, e.g. regarding the time difference or weather conditions.
The children’s globe from the company “Was Ist Was” is a very popular model or the globes. It glows in the dark, has a diameter of 26 cm and comes with a world atlas.
Which globe is the best for your child depends on what features should be integrated into the globe. You can find a wide selection of different globes for children in our product recommendations.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best skateboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best roller skates for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best footballs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best Viking chess games for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best badminton rackets for children – guidebook
- The 18 best balance boards for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best stunt scooters for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best inline skates for children – guidebook
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
Toys for the children’s room
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol figures – advice
- The 9 best Paw Patrol vehicles – guidebook
- The 10 best Hatchimals – guidebook
- The 8 best hobby horses for children – guidebook
- The 5 best Schleich horse farms – guidebook
- The 8 best Playmobil farm sets – guidebook
- The 8 best Lego Duplo farm sets – guidebook
- The 8 best Fireman Sam toys – guidebook
- The 5 best Lego Duplo firefighter sets – guidebook
- The 7 best fire engines from Siku – guidebook
- The 15 best educational toys for children – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden educational toys – guidebook
- The 12 best educational toys from Vtech – guidebook
- The 9 best Magformers sets for kids – How to guide
- The 10 best plug-in games for children – guidebook
- The 12 best educational computers for children – guidebook