Even young children are interested in technical toys, which is why a robot, for example, in the form of an animal can bring your child a lot of joy. Nowadays, robots for children are also much more advanced. Among other things, it is possible to teach them commands and program them in a way that your child likes. This means that there are always new possibilities for your child’s play so that working with a robot never gets boring.
To help you make the right choice, we have created a checklist for you that covers all the important information for buying a robot for kids. Our product recommendations can also help you in your search.
Table of contents
Recommended Robots For Kids
In our checklist, we have compiled important buying criteria for you. This list of recommendations for robots is based on them.
Robots For Children From 3 Years
Robots For Children From 5 Years
Robots For Children From 10 Years
Checklist Robots For Children
- Many models are remote controlled nowadays.
- If your child is already a little older, he or she can even steer the robot via special apps using the Bluetooth function. In this way, your child learns how to use technological means at an early age.
- However, there are also robots that are controlled via a remote control. In this case, batteries are usually used, which should be obtained before purchase, so that your child can quickly start playing.
- It is also interesting that many robots can independently execute commands and thus interact with your child. This can be in the form of voice commands that your child can formulate so that the robot follows them. But even without specific announcements, the robot is able to perform movement sequences. Some models can even speak, make sounds or play music. Light effects also provide additional fun. Some robots can also convey their current mood through facial expressions , so your child has to think about how to lift the robot’s spirits, for example.
- However, there are also robots that still need to be programmed. These include robot kits that require some tinkering . Your child can develop his or her motor skills and be creative. So if your child likes to try out new things in his free time or is looking for challenges, such a kit can be a good idea.
- The design also plays a role, especially for younger children. Therefore, both classic robots, but also models in animal form are offered. Such a robot can initially serve as an animal substitute , as your child has to take care of it and therefore learns to take responsibility.
- With the help of toy robots, children get a first basic understanding of physical principles and the knowledge transfer is both practical and vivid. Physical concepts such as gravity or centrifugal forces can be experienced directly on the robot.
- The first toy robots will be of interest to children from the age of 3. Robots suitable for this age offer a manageable number of functions so as not to overtax the little ones.
- More sophisticated robots that are suitable for programming or robot kits, on the other hand, are only suitable for children between 6 and 8 years of age.
- Not every robot is equally suitable for all children. It therefore makes sense to read the manufacturer’s specifications. This usually includes an age recommendation.
- A good robot for your child does not have to be expensive. Models with few functions can be purchased for as little as 30 euros. More expensive models, on the other hand, can cost up to 300 euros or even more.
The Best Sellers Of Robots For Children
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular robots for you.
Tip: For even more fun: Here are the best garden toys from 1 year.
Current Offers Of Robots For Children
Here you will find a collection of current offers on robots.
Tip: Click here for the most exciting new toys in 2021.
FAQ For Robots For Kids
A toy robot is an electronically operated toy (e.g. in animal form) that moves by remote control and can also react to environmental stimuli or touch, if necessary. They are therefore interactive toys, some of which are also intended as educational toys.
There are many different types of toy robots for children. Robots in animal form, fantasy creatures or learning robots are just a few examples. We have picked out the best and most popular models and collected them in our guide.
Which toy robot is the best depends on the age recommendation and the individual abilities and interests of the child. The choice is huge, so we have picked out the best robots for children and listed them in our guide. A tip: Among them is also interactive educational toys in robot form.
How much a robot for kids costs depends on the individual model as well as the functions. Some models start at around 30 euros. Depending on the function and programmability, however, prices of over 200 euros can also occur. These models usually have a special function, e.g. they offer a first introduction to programming.
- The 5 best LEGO Boost robot kits – guidebook
- The 15 best KOSMOS robots – guidebook
- The top 10 robot cats – guidebook
- The Top 5 Robot Kits from fischertechnik – Advisor
- The 7 best robot dogs for kids – How to guide
Toys for different ages
- The best baby toys for 0 to 3 months – Guidebook
- The best baby toys for 12 to 18 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 3 to 6 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 6 to 9 months – guidebook
- The best baby toys for 9 to 12 months – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 1 year and older – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 2 year olds – guidebook
- The 15 best toys for children 10 years and older – guidebook
- The 25 best toys for 3 year olds – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 4 year olds – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 5 year olds – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 6 year olds – guidebook
- The 20 best toys for 7 year olds – guidebook
- The 10 best toys for 8 years old children