E-scooters are an increasingly popular means of transportation. Especially in cities, e-scooters are in vogue because you can get around quickly and still don’t have to look for a parking space.
To make it easier for you to decide on an e-scooter, we have compared various products and compiled them in our product recommendations . You can find information and criteria for buying in our checklist.
- A maximum permitted speed of 25 km/h is matched by a maximum permitted power of 600 watts.
- 2 independently installed brakes are required, as well as a tail light and front light.
- E-scooters that are approved in Germany may also be used publicly in Austria.
- Driving e-scooters is permitted in Austria from the age of 12. With a bicycle driving license, e-scooters may already be used at the age of 9.
- Riding on the sidewalk is prohibited. If no bike path is available, the road must be used.
- A helmet should be worn while riding.
- The battery capacity or range depends on the electric motor: the more watts, the more power (allowed maximum power: 600 watts).
- The measure of range is so-called watt-hours (Kh).
- Hydraulic brakes are not standard, but have a stronger braking effect and thus increase safety.
- A height-adjustable handlebar is especially practical for children who are still growing. This way, safety and comfort can always be ensured despite changes in body size.
- A folding function is particularly practical for transport (trunk, bus and train, storage).
Table of contents
Recommended E-Scooters With Road Approval In Austria
We have compiled the best and most interesting e-scooters with road approval. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: To ensure the safety of your child during the car ride check out our guide to child seats.
The Best Sellers Of E-Scooters With Road Approval in Austria
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular e-scooters with road approval for you.
Tip: You can find great running wheels in our guide to running wheels.
Current Offers Of E-Scooters With Road Approval In Austria
The best current offers of e-scooters with road permission you can find in this list.
FAQ For E-Scooters With Road Approval In Austria
In Austria, e-scooters can generally be driven from the age of 12. E-scooters can be driven from the age of 9 if you have a bicycle driving license.
Models with road approval cost between 400 and 2000 euros. Models without road approval are slightly cheaper.
In Austria, e-scooters are permitted that do not exceed a maximum speed of 25 km/h and at the same time do not have more power than 600 watts. In addition, 2 independent brakes and front and rear lights are required.
An e-scooter with road approval may not travel faster than 25 km/h in Austria. Models without road approval can reach up to 50 km/h.
E-scooters with a maximum speed of up to 25 km/h and 600 watts maximum power do not require an insurance sticker. Since faster e-scooters are officially prohibited, no license plate is required in Austria for e-scooters with road approval.
More On The Topic
Vehicles with electric motor
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes – guidebook
- The best e-bikes 2020 – guidebook
- The best e-bikes for children – guidebook
- The 5 best electric surfboards – guidebook
- The 10 best electric motorcycles for kids
- The 7 best electric folding bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best bike helmets for kids – guidebook
- The top 9 softair helmets – guidebook
- The 9 best ski helmets for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best forestry helmets – Guidebook
Everything for the home gym
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – How to guide
- The 8 best ergometers for the home – Guidebook
- The 8 best abdominal trainers – advice
- The 10 best back extensions – How to
- The 10 best rowing machines – How to
- The 10 best treadmills – advice
- The 10 best penny boards – How to
- The 8 best yoga mats – guidebook