E-scooters are a practical means of transportation and they can be quite fast. However, they are no longer licensed for use on the road at speeds above 25 km/h. Nevertheless, they can be great fun to ride off the road. The selection of models that go faster than 25 km/h is large. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for in our product recommendations. We’ve compiled the 15 most exciting models for you.
- Scooters that do not meet these criteria are not registered: Vehicle license plate, vehicle liability insurance, speed over 20mh/h, general operating permit
- The registration can be applied for at the responsible authority .
- You do not need a driver’s license to drive your e-scooter on the road.
- You are not allowed to drive in public areas without a license. You are allowed to drive your e-scooter on private and closed off roads without a license.
- Fines are possible if there are defects and/or there is no current registration.
- You are allowed to drive faster than 20 km/h with e-scooters without registration, but pay attention to your safety.
- Especially scooters that reach high speeds should have a break in the front and rear (safety!).
- The battery life or the maximum distance depends on the bodyweight of the rider. Make sure you have a battery that fits properly .
- In Germany, an e-scooter may have a maximum of 500 watts. For flat routes, a power of 250 watts is completely sufficient. For steep routes and mountains, a model with higher wattage should be selected.
- The manufacturer’s specifications usually refer to straight routes without inclines. Accordingly, the battery life may vary depending on the route. A good performance is especially important for steep routes and mountains.
- Steep hills or slopes in general consume more energy and thus more battery.
- Adjustable handlebars guarantee better control and counteract incorrect posture
- For your safety you should always wear a helmet . There are also pads for elbows and knees if you want extra protection.
- Your e-scooter should have good brakes. A dual braking system would be best.
- The handlebars can be adjusted to your height, so that posture problems can be avoided.
- Ergonomic handles counteract pain in the arm and hands.
- There are also e-scooter models that can be folded, so they do not take up much space.
Table of contents
Recommended Fast E-Scooters Without Road Approval
We have compiled the best fast e-scooters without road approval.
Tip: You can find the best organizers for your car in our guide to the best 13 car organizers.for the family car.
The Best Sellers Of Fast E-Scooters Without Road Approval
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular fast e-scooters without road approval for you.
Tip: The best boards and e-scooters can be found in our guide to the 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel.
Current Offers Of Fast E-Scooters Without Road Permission
You can find the best current offers of fast e-scooters without road registration in this list.
FAQ For E-Scooters Without Road Approval
An e-scooter requires its own liability insurance, a license plate and a maximum speed of 20 km/h for road registration. A general operating license is also necessary. The vehicle may be driven from the age of 14. Registration can be applied for at the relevant authority.
E-scooters can be driven from the age of 14.
An e-scooter with road approval may travel at a maximum speed of 20 km/h. However, there are also much faster variants without road approval. There are hardly any limits there, power levels of 3000 watts are possible.
E-scooters do not require approval to be driven. Only selected models may be driven on the road under certain conditions. If these are not met, you are not allowed to ride the e-scooter in public areas. Failure to comply will result in fines.
You may ride your e-scooter on bike paths. If there are none, you may use the road.
No driving license is required for an e-scooter that travels at a maximum speed of 20 kmh and has a road permit
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – guidebook
- The 11 best E-Scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – Guidebook
- The 2 best E-Scooters from Moovi – Advisor
- The 3 best E-Scooters from Xiaomi – Advisor
- The 4 best e-scooters from Wizzard – guidebook
Vehicles For Children
- The 20 best vehicles for children by Puky – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol vehicles – guidebook
- The best children’s vehicles – guidebook
- The 7 best Siku-Control vehicles – guidebook
- The 8 best children’s vehicles from Kettler – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook