Baby monitors are an absolute must if you want your child to be safe when sleeping alone for the first time. But there are now many options in this area.
We want to help you find the ideal baby monitor for you. For this purpose, we have prepared a checklist with the most important criteria as well as direct product recommendations for. So that your baby sleeps safely!
- There are models with an additional camera, but also models that allow you to keep an eye on the baby via the smartphone. A camera offers in addition to the acoustic also a visual monitoring about the healthy sleep of the child. A baby monitor with camera is not a must, but rather a matter of personal preference. If you decide to buy a baby monitor with camera, pay attention to the radiation levels, as they might be higher than a model without camera. The same applies to the battery life, which can be significantly lower.
- A baby monitor with a camera is always digital. With a baby monitor without a camera, you have a choice. Digital baby monitors usually have a longer range and the quality of the transmission is better. In addition, they usually have more functions. An analog baby monitor is characterized by a usually much lower price and lower radiation levels.
- The range of a baby monitor in closed rooms is on average about 50 meters. Walls and other barriers can significantly reduce the distance. Outdoors, the range can reach up to 300 meters. Depending on your living conditions, you should choose a baby monitor with the longest possible range.
- With many devices, the baby unit is connected to the power outlet, so you don’t have to worry about the battery. The parent unit, on the other hand, should be suitable for mobile use and requires a rechargeable battery or batteries.
- The battery life can vary greatly depending on the model. It can be only two to three hours, but also up to 24 hours. Ideally, you should connect the baby monitor to the power outlet overnight using the included power adapter and only use the battery mode when you are doing other things, such as chores, while your child is sleeping.
- Overly complicated operation can be very confusing. Additional features are practical, but should not come at the expense of ease of use. Good baby monitors are ideally self-explanatory and get by with relatively few buttons. Since the parent unit is usually used on the move, it should be compact and lightweight.
- Simple devices only offer noise transmission. An intercom function offers much more comfort, so that you can talk to your child. An integrated night light or a projected starry sky is also an advantage. Some devices also offer a lullaby function. All functions should be controllable from the parent unit.
- When buying a digital baby monitor, you should look for a radiation and energy-reducing VOX or ECO mode.
Table of contents
Recommended Baby Monitors
We have compiled the best and most interesting baby monitors for you. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Baby Monitor With Video
Baby Monitor For The Whole Room
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Baby Monitor With Audio
- Item Category: Two Way Radio
- Item Trademark: Reer
- manufacturer: REER
- Adjustable microphone sensitivity
- Switchable range control
- Room temperature display
- Night light
- Range up to 250 m (free field)
- Belt clip on receiver
- Le moyen le plus sûr de surveiller votre bébé. La connexion essentielle avec votre bébé. Veilleuse connexion essentielle.
Baby Monitor For Smartphone
Tip: For hygiene before bedtime, check out our guide to electric toothbrushes.
The Best Sellers Of Baby Monitors
In our bestseller list we have compiled the most popular baby monitors for you.
Tip: If you want it to be safe outside too, check out our guide to child sun hats.
Current Offers Of Baby Monitors
You can find the best current offers on baby monitors in this list.
FAQ About Baby Monitors
How long a baby monitor is useful cannot be said in general terms, because every family has its own circumstances and every child develops individually and needs more or less monitoring
Which baby monitor is best depends on which functions are important to you (e.g. extra functions such as light, music or monitoring of movements and breathing). It’s also important that the battery life matches the desired monitoring time and that the device works properly. Good baby monitors are offered by Angelcare, for example. We have compiled the best baby monitors from this brand and listed them in our product recommendations
Baby monitors should be purchased when the child sleeps without an accompanying person. This is usually the case relatively early.
We advise buying a product rather than just using an app. Within the app, you cannot be guaranteed the security that certain products can offer you.
There is no universal answer to this question. It always depends on the individual stage of development and also the current life situation. So be sure to take these factors into account when making your decision.
More On The Topic
Around the baby
- The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies –
- guidebookThe 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies –
- guidebookThe 14 most beautiful baby hats –
- guidebookThe 13 most beautiful baby socks –
- guidebookThe 12 most beautiful rompers for babies –
- GuidebookThe 10 most beautiful bodysuits for babies –
- GuidebookThe most beautiful baby clothes for boys –
- GuidebookThe most beautiful baby clothes for girls –
- guidebookThe 7 most beautiful baby first sets –
- guidebookThe 11 most beautiful Adidas baby clothes –
- guidebookThe 9 best cribs for babies –
- guidebookThe 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook