The infant car seat is a great way to get your child from A to B safely. Depending on the weight and size of the child, it can use the baby car seat from birth to about 12 months. To make your decision easier and to give you a better overview of the different baby car seats, we have taken a closer look at baby car seats and summarized the results in our checklist. In our product recommendations, we have also compiled the best baby car seats for you. So you are sure to find a baby car seat that will accompany you for several months.
Table of contents
The Bestselling Baby Car Seats
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular baby car seats for you.
Checklist For Baby Car Seats
- You must install the seat properly. Infant seats must be rear-facing and placed in the back, as the airbag must be turned off when rear-facing.
- The safest places in the car are in the back right or in the middle of the car. Place your child there to further increase safety.
- The material should be toxin-free so your child doesn’t get poisoned.
- Harmless products are certified by the test results of Stiftung-Warentest or ADAC, look out for these labels.
- A group 0 child seat can be used up to a height of 75 cm (approx.1 year) or a weight of 10 kg.
- Group 0+ can be used up to 90 cm (approx. 15 months) or a weight of 13 months and therefore longer than group 0.
Tip: You can find many great toys for kids in our guide to the best wooden toys from Hape.
Recommended Baby Car Seats
Tip: You can find exciting products for winter sports in our guide to the best horn sleds.
Current Offers Of Baby Car Seats
Here you will find a collection of current offers on baby car seats.
FAQ About Baby Car Seats
When a child is 13 years or older, he or she may drive a car without a child seat. However, if the child has already reached a height of at least 150 cm, the child seat can already be omitted from this point on.
Children of all ages may sit in the front with the appropriate booster seat. In the event of an accident, however, the rear seats are usually better protected.
For a booster seat, the child must weigh at least 15 kg. However, this should definitely include a backrest to be better protected in side crashes. The booster seat may only be omitted from the age of 13 years or from a height of 150 cm.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best child seats for the car – guidebook
- The 9 best child seats – Guide
- The best child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook
- The 10 best child seats group 2 – guidebook
- The 9 best booster seats – guidebook
- The 10 best group 3 child seats – guidebook
- The 10 best group 1 child seats – guidebook
- The 10 best group 0 child seats – guidebook
Brands child seats
- The 8 best Recaro child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook
- The 20 best Britax Römer child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook
- The 10 best reboarder child seats – guidebook
- The 20 best Osann child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook
- The 20 best Maxi Cosi child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook
- The 4 best child seats from Kiddy and alternatives – guidebook
- The 15 best Cybex child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook