Table of contents
Equipped with their favorite toy, the little ones usually feel quite comfortable for a while. If they get tired, they can simply settle down on the comfortable pad. You have the opportunity to do other things around the house during that time with the assurance that your baby is safe in the crib. Without a baby in your arms, household tasks usually work out faster and are much more comfortable. Of course, the playpen is not meant for you to leave the baby there alone. But it serves as a support and relief for you and can accompany you for several years.
Therefore, I have compiled my 9 favorites and explain to you what is important in the playpen.
Have fun reading and shopping!
- If you want to leave your young child unattended in the home for short periods of time, you should do so in a protected area so that the child can’t get near stairs, electrical outlets or similar areas of the home. A playpen provides such a safe space where you can place your child while you open the door, do some housework or get ready for work.
- Some experts believe that playpens can restrict children, and in the past they have been overused. However, the design of your home or your domestic circumstances may mean that you occasionally need a safe place to put your baby for a short period of time. In these situations, a playpen can come in handy.
- Today’s playpens are more than safe: they look great and are easy to fold and store. Some also serve as travel cots or can be converted into room dividers, stair gates or fire gates.
- It’s true that a playpen doesn’t come in handy until your child starts crawling after six or seven months and can therefore move around independently. However, it’s a good idea to buy a playpen before your baby starts moving around too much so that he or she can get used to it.
- The selection of playpens is diverse and they come in a wide variety of styles. Therefore, before you look at playpens to buy one, think carefully about how and where you will use it. For example, do you want your baby to take a nap in it? Do you take it away on weekends and holidays? Thinking about how you’ll use your playpen will help you make the right choice when you buy.
- When setting up a playpen, think carefully about where you want to keep and place it. Playpens should be kept away from windows, open fires, radiators and heaters.
- Also, keep a few favorite toys or books in the inside area of the playpen so your child will associate it with some of their favorite things. You can even turn the playpen into a ball pool by placing a layer of large plastic balls over the base.
- However, make sure you don’t put anything in the inside of the playpen that your baby could use to lever it out. Babies can be amazing escape artists! It’s also best not to dangle toys from the side of the playpen with ribbons. Your baby could get tangled or pull on the dangling toys and tip the playpen over.
- Remember that playpens should only be used for short periods of time. Always keep as close an eye on your baby as possible, even when he or she is in the playpen.
We have compiled the best and most interesting playpens. You can find the list with our product recommendations.
Tip: There are lots of helpful tools for you in our guide to the best hot air ovens.
The Best Sellers Of Playpens
In a list of best-sellers, we have compiled the most popular playpens.
Tip: For great tips on soccer, check out our guide to the best Juventus jerseys.
Current Offers Of Playpens
You can find the best current offers of playpens.
FAQ About Playpens
Every child develops individually. Therefore, it is not possible to determine an exact point in time when all children start to walk. As a guide, the average age is around 12 months. However, there is no need to worry if it takes longer. Some children walk even earlier, while others need longer to gain confidence in walking.
Most playpens are at least 100cm x 100cm in size. Many models are adjustable in size again, so they can be adapted to the size of the child (and the room)
There are many different designs and color combinations for baby playpens. It’s best to choose a playpen that both you and the child like. Some playpens can also be assembled in a circle .
As a rule, playpens are used until 1.5 or 2 years. The child’s natural urge to move then causes him to break free from the playpen. Then it is time to dismantle the device.
Some playpens have height-adjustable floors. You should lower these as your child grows, as this will prevent them from hurting themselves. This is because your child will begin to move, for which the side walls of the playpen provide the necessary safety.
You are type A!
You want to use the playpen for a long time and from birth. Now you can decide whether the accessories such as the cuddly insert should already be included or you prefer to choose your own. If you buy a high-quality mattress, you can also use the following playpens as an extra bed.
The Roba playpen “Cosplay” is available as a 6-cornered frame including a lovingly designed insert. The model is made of beech and offers robust protection for your little one. The 3-way height-adjustable base gives you the opportunity to adjust the playpen to the age and size of your child.
The Schardt Basic playpen is a classic playpen model. The white lacquered beechwood with the soft padded insert is 2-fold height adjustable and usable from birth. Optionally, 4 brake rollers can be mounted.
The Pinolino playpen “Levin” is very space-saving. Especially for small apartments, this model is suitable, because you can fold it uncomplicated. Since no insert is included here, it is advisable to buy a high-quality baby mattress in addition. Thus, the playpen can also be used as an extra bed.
Not height adjustable, yet flexible
You are type B!
If you need the playpen only rarely or only as a boundary for the play garden, height adjustability, and wooden materials are not necessary. There are inexpensive alternatives to this. Ask yourself if you want to use the playpen in another way, e.g. as a travel bed, or if you only need it as a boundary.
If you want to use the playpen flexibly and variably, I recommend Babycab Laura. You can also use the model as a travel cot with a suitable mattress! The playpen is perfect for storage or transport. It can be easily pushed together. Due to the breathable mesh fabric.
If you want to use the playpen as a barrier.
How to find your perfect playpen
What do I need a playpen for?
Babies start crawling between 6 and 9 months of age. Sooner or later, curiosity and the urge to move set in with our little ones. As much as we love our charges, it is often not possible to keep an eye on them all the time in everyday life. Even if it’s only for a 2-minute visit to the toilet, we always want to know that our baby is safe.
So a playpen (also playpen) can become a great relief in everyday life.
From when can I use a playpen?
A playpen can be used from birth. Models that have a height-adjustable system.
Until when can I use a playpen?
When your baby gradually gets older, the playpen becomes a small play garden. On the lower level, the little ones can sit and play without crawling away unnoticed. Because even in the most childproof apartment, you don’t want to leave the adventurers alone in the room. Later, they can pull themselves up on the bars to learn to stand or walk. Only when your baby manages to pull itself over the walls should the playpen be removed. This usually happens at about 18 months.
How can I still use the playpen?
Some models can also be used as a flexible safety gate in the house. For example, you can fence off stairs or possible dangers.
- The 10 best breastfeeding pillows for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best footmuffs for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best baby mattresses – guidebook
- The 8 best bassinets for babies – guidebook
- The 9 best cribs for babies – guidebook
- The 10 best baby monitors with camera – guidebook
Clothing for babies
- The 5 best neoprene swimsuits for babies – advice
- The 12 most beautiful sun hats for babies – advice
- The 14 most beautiful baby hats – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful baby socks – guidebook
- The 13 most beautiful tights for babies – guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful rompers for babies – Guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for boys – guidebook
- The most beautiful baby clothes for girls – guidebook
- The 7 most beautiful baby first sets – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Nike baby shoes – guidebook
- The 11 most beautiful Adidas baby clothes – guidebook
Children in the household
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best staircase safety gates – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 8 best child safety gates for cribs – How to guide
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – Guidebook