Beautiful construction toy made of wood pleases every child. With this toy, it is possible for your child to have a few nice hours of play and at the same time train his motor skills. You may also have some great play moments together.
In this guide await me an informative checklist with all the important information and the best construction toys made of wood in our product recommendations.
- Construction toys made of wood consist of boards or elements that can be put together , screwed or simply stacked.
- The individual elements are connected with pins or screws or hold together by stacking them sensibly on top of each other.
- More rarely, pins are hammered in with an associated hammer.
- With construction toys, simple and complex things can be built according to instructions or freely invented fantasy structures.
- Children use construction toys to train their fine motor skills, logic and spatial imagination. At the same time, imagination and creativity are stimulated.
- Some construction toys, such as vehicles, also offer functions.
- Cars can sometimes be rolled, cranes can use a pulley to move the hook up and down.
- Whether the built constructs are finally functional, you can read in advance in the product description.
- Simple construction toys can be used by children as young as 12 months.
- For the youngest children, building blocks in various sizes and shapes are particularly suitable for building towers, houses and bridges.
- From the age of 2, children can try their hand at screws.
- Children from 3 years of age may already be able to work (with support) according to simple, illustrated building instructions.
- Constructions with functions, such as pulleys, require more skill and are suitable for ages 3 to 4.
- Let your child build by himself, but also offer him your help.
- Take your child’s individual stage of development into consideration when choosing a construction toy.
- The manufacturer’s age recommendation is also a good guide.
- If the construction toy is too difficult or too easy for your child, he or she will quickly lose interest in it.
- Make sure that the wooden construction toys are made of FSC-certified wood and do not contain any harmful substances.
- Indications of whether the toys have been tested for this are the FSC mark and the GS and TÜV test seals.
- In addition, the construction elements and building blocks must not have any sharp edges or splinters , as children can injure themselves on them.
- Construction toys for small children must not contain any small parts that can be swallowed!
Table of contents
Recommended Wooden Construction Toys
Here you will find the top 10 among the most popular wooden construction toys.
Tip: You can find the best buggies from Joie in our guide to the best buggies.
The Best Sellers Of Wooden Construction Toys
We have compiled the most popular wooden construction toys for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find the best rocking horses in our guide to rocking horses.
Latest Deals For Wooden Construction Toys
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of wooden construction toys.
FAQ Wooden Construction Toys
Construction toys give your child the opportunity to build different things. They are plates that can be plugged or screwed together.
As a rule, children can get their first construction toy from 12 months.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best LEGO Creator Expert building sets – guidebook
- The 14 best robot building sets – guidebook
- The 5 most popular GraviTrax ball tracks – guidebook
- The 6 best GraviTrax building sets – guidebook
- The 7 best magnetic toys – guidebook
- The 10 best kits from Franzis – Advisor
- The 7 best kits from Fischertechnik – Advisor
- The 10 best LEGO
- BrickHeadz kits – Guidebook
- The 9 best building sets from Mega Bloks – Guidebook
- The 10 best LEGO Creator kits – How to guide
- 10 Best LEGO Classics Kits – Guidebook
- The 9 Best LEGO Disney Kits – Guidebook
Toys for kids
- The 8 best Polly Pocket toys – guidebook
- The 10 best Yakari toys – guidebook
- The 8 best Fireman Sam toys – guidebook
- The 9 best Paw Patrol vehicles – guidebook
- The 25 best Schleich toys – guidebook
- The best Pikler toys for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best climbing ropes – guidebook
- The 11 best climbing towers for children – guidebook
- The 12 best water slides for the garden – Guidebook
- The 9 best children’s slides – How to guide
- The 10 best children’s swings – guidebook
- The 9 best baby bouncers – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s pools with slide – guidebook