The love for sports and exercise is practiced at a young age, so with a children’s 12-inch bike, you can give your child a valuable skill at the age of 2 that they will never forget. Plus, the kid’s bike is a great way to spend family time together.
We have researched, compared and picked out the best models for you. Just take a look at our checklist for the most important info and product recommendations to get the best kids’ bikes with 12 inches.
- Children’s bicycles up to a size of 18 inches belong to the category of play bicycles
- 12 inches is the smallest possible bike size.
- These bikes are not roadworthy, but are used to playfully get a feel for cycling.
- Therefore, they do not have a light system and gear shifting is not necessary.
- A play bike is kept minimalistic.
- Children’s bikes with a size of 12 inches are suitable for children aged about 3 years, who are about 100 cm tall. The stride length should be about 40 cm.
- The frame of a 12 inch children’s bike should have a low entry.
- In order for you to be able to set the optimal seating position for your child, it is important that the saddle height, the handlebar height and the inclination of the handlebars can be adjusted individually.
- Children’s bicycles with 12 inches should, in any case, have a backpedal, through which your child can easily break by pedaling backward.
- In addition, every children’s bike should also have a rim brake on the front wheel. This is operated by a lever on the handlebars. It is important here that it is adapted to small children’s hands and that not too much force is needed to operate the brake.
- The chain should not be exposed on a children’s bike. A plastic chain guard should enclose the chain.
- For the first attempts at riding, most 12-inch bikes are sold in combination with training wheels, which can be removed when the child can ride independently.
- Remember that your child should only ride with proper protective equipment:
- A bicycle helmet is absolutely mandatory for your child’s safety.
- If your child has not been riding a bike for long, he or she should also wear knee and elbow pads, at least in the beginning.
Table of contents
Recommended Children’s Bikes With 12 Inch
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular children’s bikes with 12 inches.
Tip: For lots of great tips on family cars , check out our guide to the best rearview mirrors for babies
The Best Sellers Of Children’s Bicycles With 12 Inches
We have compiled the most popular children’s bicycles with 12 inches for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: For fun toys , check out our guide to the best Steiff cuddly toys for you.
Current Offers For Kids Bike 12 Inch
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of children’s bicycles with 12 inches.
FAQ About Kids Bikes With 12 Inch Tire Size
The appropriate size depends on the height of your child. From 95 cm, a children’s bike with 12 inches is recommended.
A 12-inch children’s bike costs between 150 and 200 euros.
If your child is using the bike as a play bike, a headlight is not required. However, if you want to ride around with your child, then you should get plug-in headlights.
A 12 inch children’s bike weighs something around 9.1 kg.
12 inch kids bikes are recommended for children from 2 to 3 years old.
- The best children’s bicycles – guide
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inch – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles from Early Rider – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 26 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 24 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 18 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 14 inch tire size – guidebook
Children’s bike seats
- The 9 best children’s bike seats – guidebook
- Iso Trade child bike seat
- Britax Römer Jockey Comfort child bike seat
- The 10 best children’s bike seats – guidebook