Table of contents
Are you planning a bike trip with children who can’t yet ride themselves? Then a bicycle trailer is just the thing. It allows a relaxed tour with the family, where your child sits comfortably and can also snack or drink something. In our checklist, you will learn what to consider when choosing a trailer. In addition, the product recommendations show you the 8 best bike trailers. Have fun!
The Best Sellers Of Bicycle Trailers For Children
We have compiled the most popular bike trailers for kids for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Bicycle Trailers For Children
- Although there are no regulations in this regard, we recommend that your child should be at least 1 year old.
- In addition, make sure that your child always wears a bicycle helmet.
- Many models can be easily converted into a stroller or jogger. So you no longer need an additional stroller. Especially if you travel a lot by bike, this is a great thing.
- In contrast to other solutions, a bicycle trailer offers your child a lot of comforts and freedom of movement.
- At the same time, it protects your child very well from wind and weather.
- Collapsible models ensure that you can store them much more space-saving.
- A bicycle trailer should always have reflectors and sufficient lighting so that it can be seen well, even when it is dark.
- Very good is a reflective border, so that other road users can easily see the contours.
- During the day you can give the bike trailer more attention with a flag or pennant.
- Large and wide, preferably air-filled wheels give the bike trailer more comfort and stability.
- Also pay attention to the center of gravity. The lower it is, the lower the risk of the bike trailer tipping over.
- In addition, all wheels should be equipped with brakes. They prevent the car from rolling away when you park it.
- To protect your child from rain and wind, the canopy should close completely. It should be water-repellent or better even waterproof and have sufficient UV protection.
- Our tip: Double stitched seams provide more stability and increase the life span.
- Maximum comfort is offered by a bicycle trailer whose suspension can be individually adjusted to the weight of your child.
- Especially if you often want to cover longer distances, you should not do without a suspension. It protects the spine of your child.
- You have the choice between bike trailers with a flexible or a hard bottom shell.
- A flexible shell scores with its light weight and that the trailer can be folded more easily.
- A hard shell is much more stable and usually offers more seating comfort. Of course, there should be no harmful substances in the materials used.
- A bike trailer should definitely have a 5-point harness as well as a safe rollover protection.
- An additional safety line prevents the drawbar from falling to the ground if the trailer hitch ever refuses its services.
- Make sure that the bike trailer has a GS mark and the TÜV test seal.
- Also, you should not exceed the maximum load.
- Therefore, in any case, also orient yourself to the manufacturer’s specifications for the respective product.
Recommended Bicycle Trailers For Children
Here you can find the top 8 among the most popular bike trailers for kids.
- Easy conversion from cycling to strolling
- Secure attachment to bike using Thule ezHitch axle mount
- On-board storage of strolling wheel when used as a bike trailer
- Comfortably seats two children
- Extra storage space for hauling around cargo
- Adjustable handlebar for maximum parent comfort
- Easy folding for storage and transporting
- Bicycle Trailer Kit and Stroller Kit included
- Meets international safety standards
Tip: You can find many great bike carriers in our guide for bike carriers.
Tip: You can discover the best children’s buggies here.
Current Offers For Bicycle Trailer For Children
Here you will find a selection of current offers for bicycle trailers for children.
FAQ For Bicycle Trailers For Children
Although there is no official age specification, it is recommended that children are allowed to ride in the bike trailer from about 1 year.
In most cases, instructions are included that describe the exact method of attachment. In simple terms, the trailer is connected with the coupling provided.
The specification for the size of a bicycle trailer is based on those of a car trailer. Thus, it must not exceed a width of 2.55 m, a height of 4 m and a length of 12 m.
We recommend putting your child in the bicycle trailer at the age of 1 year at the earliest, so that he or she can already sit safely and let you know if something is wrong.
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 12 inches – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 14 inches – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inches – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 18 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s bikes with 20 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 24 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 26 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best cargo bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes – guidebook
- The 8 best electric bikes from Haibike – guidebook
- The 7 best folding electric bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook
- The 14 best mountain bikes for kids – guidebook
- The 6 best e-mountain bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best BMX bikes for kids – guidebook