Your basement is full and you don’t know where to store lawn mower and co? A garden shed for storing various garden tools can help you. However, you must comply with some rules of the building authority.
What size your garden shed can be, how far it has to be from other properties, and what you can use it for, you can find out in our checklist. In our product recommendations, you will find the right garden shed for your purposes and your garden.
- Garden huts come in different sizes and shapes. Most garden huts for storing garden tools are between 5 and 20 m² in size.
- Make sure that the length, height and width are appropriate for the space of your garden and your tools.
- Garden sheds are handy for storing various tools such as rakes, watering cans or spades.
- They can also be used to store items that are sensitive to rain and are only used in the summer, such as deck chairs with cushions or lawn mowers.
- Some garden sheds require a building permit.
- Generally, a building permit is not required for one garden shed per lot with a footprint up to 24m². In addition, a garden hut must not be larger than 30 cubic meters to remain permit-free.
- If in doubt, check with the building authority before purchasing.
Table of contents
Recommended Garden Huts
We have compiled the best and most interesting garden huts. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many great Werder Bremen j erseys in our guide to Werder jerseys.
The Best Sellers Of Garden Huts
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular garden huts for you.
Tip: You can find practical circular saws in our guide to circular saws.
Current Offers Of Garden Huts
You can find the best current offers of garden sheds in this list.
FAQ About Garden huts
In order to be allowed to erect a garden shed without a building permit, its floor area must not exceed 24m². Furthermore, only one garden hut is allowed per plot, and it may not be used as a permanent residence.
In general, a garden hut should have a distance of 3 m from the property line. Exceptions apply only if the hut does not contain any living quarters or fireplaces, the average wall height is no more than 3 m, and the total length per property line is no more than 9 m.
A garden hut may not be higher than 3 meters. However, the height of a garden shed alone does not say anything about whether it may be built without a building permit or not. In total, it must not exceed a volume of 30 cubic meters.
There are ready-built garden huts or garden huts sold in parts to assemble on site by yourself. The first option is advantageous for unskilled do-it-yourselfers, but the second is easier to transport.
- The 7 best garden rollers – guide
- The 7 best garden hoses – guide
- The 7 best irrigation systems – guidebook
- The 20 best lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – guidebook
- The 8 best petrol lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best cordless lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 7 best gardening gloves – guidebook
- The 12 best lawn edgers – guidebook
- The 5 best stump grinders – guidebook
- The 10 best frame pools for children – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s swings – guidebook
- The 10 best wooden swings – guidebook
- The 8 best seesaws for the garden – guidebook
- The 9 best sandboxes for children
- The 10 best sandboxes with roof for children – guidebook
- The 8 best badminton rackets for children – guidebook
- The 12 best water slides for the garden – guidebook
- The 10 best garden toys from 1 year – How to guide
- The 105 best garden toys – guidebook