A garden roller is suitable not only for leveling lawns, but also for incorporating lawn seeds. For this reason, it is indispensable when laying out a lawn.
What you can do with a garden roller, what weight is necessary or which material is the best, you can find out in our checklist. You can find the right garden roller for your garden in our product recommendations.
- With a garden roller you can level and compact a soil area in the garden or press seeds into the soil.
- The garden tool is indispensable for laying out a lawn.
- The roller also performs well when laying sod. The turf strips bond better with the soil due to the pressure.
- In the already existing lawn, bulges caused by voles can be leveled.
- In addition, strips can be rolled into a lawn.
- Freshly dug soil is made tread-resistant by rolling.
- Concrete garden rollers are the heaviest.
- They can weigh up to 150 kg and are therefore rarely used in the private sector.
- A roller that can be filled with water or sand through an opening is recommended for the garden.
- It is also easy to empty.
- You can easily adjust the weight of the drum to the soil conditions and your strength.
- Themost durable garden rollers are made of metal. This can be stainless steel.
- Mostly, however, powder-coated steel is used, which is also easy to maintain.
- A paint finish protects against rusting.
- An average hand roller has a width of 60 cm and a diameter of up to 35 cm and weighs 12 to 15 kg empty.
- With a water filling, it should be possible to achieve a final weight of at least 60 kg. This is sufficient for leveling an area.
- With a sand filling , a higher weight of up to 120 kg is possible.
- The garden tool must provide good power transmission. This is the case if the roller has a sturdy steel frame, the linkage is height adjustable and the handles are ergonomically shaped.
- A dirt scraper prevents soil from sticking to the roller and ensures an even result.
- If an aerator set is included, which are metal rings with spikes, you can also aerate the lawn with the roller.
Table of contents
Recommended Garden Rollers
We have compiled the best and most interesting garden rollers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find great dumbbells for the home gym in our guide to dumbbells.
The Best Sellers Of Garden Rollers
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular garden rollers for you.
Tip: You can find many great sneakers for children in our guide to children’s sneakers.
Current Offers Of Garden Rollers
You can find the best current offers on garden rollers in this list.
FAQ About Garden Rollers
The weight of a garden roller depends on the surface to be rolled. However, a weight of 60 kg is generally sufficient for leveling a garden area or for leveling sod.
Depending on the material and size, garden rollers cost between 50 and 200 euros.
A lawn roller can be used to level uneven garden areas or to level unsightly edges on laid sod. Furthermore, lawn seeds can be worked into the soil with a lawn roller.
More On The Topic
Garden and more
- The 7 best garden hoses – guide
- The 8 best garden huts for storage – guidebook
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 10 best garden shower screens – guidebook
- The 7 best garden gloves – guidebook
- The 20 best lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 most popular lawn spreaders
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – Guidebook
- The 8 best petrol lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best cordless lawn mowers – guidebook
Equipment for the workshop
- The 7 best sliding table saws – guidebook
- The 8 best circular table saws – guidebook
- The 7 best bench drills – guidebook
- The 7 best felling jacks – guidebook
- The 7 best angle grinders – guidebook
- The 7 best random orbital sanders – Guidebook
- The 6 best planer benches for the workshop – Guidebook
- The 7 best compressors for the workshop – Guidebook
- The 6 best screw clamps – How to
- The 7 best vices – guidebook