Beautifully wrapped, gifts of all kinds are much more fun. In this article I’ll give you a few tips on how to wrap gifts, for example, how to make a great 3D gift wrap.
This way you can give your loved ones a very special treat.
Table of contents
Wrapping Gifts – No Longer A Problem With The Right Folding Technique
The choice of wrapping paper is the first step. It is important that the wrapping paper also fits the occasion and the recipient. The gender and age of the person also play a role.
Should the gift be for a little 5-year-old boy or for your 13-year-old daughter? Color and pattern should be matched individually in this case.
This does not mean that you have to choose typically blue for boys and pink for girls. Maybe you can find a nice wrapping paper that picks up the hobby of your children.
You have decided on a beautiful wrapping paper? Great. Then let’s start with the folding technique. Even the most beautiful wrapping paper loses its effect if it is not designed in an appealing way.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with the classic folding technique, which looks great with a nice bow. But how about something new?
Wrap Gifts Creatively
It does not always have to be the classic technique when it comes to wrapping gifts. Here you will find a creative alternative. Explained step by step:
The Kimono Technique
What You Need:
- Wrapping paper
- The gift
- Double-sided tape
- Cut the wrapping paper to size. Make sure that the paper is about 10 cm wider and 20 cm longer than the actual gift.
- The bottom of the wrapping paper should be facing up.
- Fold the paper in half and then fold 6 more strips about 3 cm wide on top of each other.
- Unfold the wrapping paper again.
- Turn it over and crease the folds with the ruler.
- Turn the paper over again. Now the inside should be facing you.
- Place the gift in the center of the paper. On the left and right side should protrude about 5 cm each.
- Wrap the gift in the paper. The edges of the long sides should be taped together.
- Press the paper on the short left side from the top to the gift.
- The bottom side to the center must be folded into a triangle.
- Fold the bottom side and glue it to the gift.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
Packaging With 3D Effect
If you want to create an unusual gift wrapping with a 3D effect, you can use traditional Post-Its. To do this, take the desired color of the Post-It and turn it one after the other on a round object.
Tip: Use craft glue to attach the rolls to the wrapping paper. This is best suited.
You can attach the finished rolls to the gift. Different colors or any figures are a special eye-catcher.
Romantic Gift Wrapping
With a little lace, a simple gift wrap can get a special effect. With it, the gift looks very elegant and shines in new splendor – perfect for little princesses.
In combination with brown paper can create a so-called Shabby Chic.
To do this, take a piece of lace and wrap it around the wrapped gift. The two ends of the lace are glued to the gift.
Wooden Boxes As Gift Wrapping
Want to do away with traditional wrapping paper and go for a more eco-friendly alternative? Then a wooden box is perfect to make your loved ones happy.
Especially practical: Your child can later use the wooden box to store toys and small treasures.
There are no limits to your creativity. All you need is a wooden box and paint pens. You can come up with your own motifs, or search online for great ideas.
Gift Wrapping – What Do I Need To Consider?
As you have seen in this article, there are great ideas on how to wrap a gift beautifully. It does not always have to be the classic variant.
With a gift, it’s not only the inside that counts. With a beautiful gift box you present the gift particularly beautiful.
So you can give your loved ones with the packaging of the gift already a joy.