A miter saw should be in the possession of every craftsman, but it can also help in everyday life. You have the option to saw different heights and set certain angles, so everything can be customized. In addition, even thick boards can sometimes be cut through.
With the help of our checklist and product recommendations, we’ll help you consider the most important purchase criteria so that you’re guaranteed to find the best miter saw.
- The greater the specified cutting height, the thicker workpieces you can cut with the miter saw.
- For manual mit er saws, the cutting width is usually 120 mm to 150 mm.
- Electric miter sa ws perform a cutting depth of 55 mm to 75 mm, depending on the diameter of the saw blade.
- You may not want to saw only 90° and 45° angles. Therefore, it is important that the scale on the saw is easy to read.
- Locking the saw blade at the desired angle should be quick.
- Quick-action clamps are most practical, not screws.
- A good miter saw not only has a flat fence against which the workpiece rests, but also clamping devices in the form of mini screw clamps that clamp the workpiece to the table, preventing it from slipping.
- Are cuts of more than 45° possible? Some miter saws can even be set to 60°.
- A soft start is practical so that the saw blade does not start jerkily when switched on.
- On miter saws with a pull function , you can cut wider workpieces, i.e. not only slats or thin beams, but also boards. On miter saws without pull function, the cutting width is about 120 mm; with pull function, a cutting width of 340 mm is achieved.
- If the head can be swiveled, you can cut miters on both sides.
- A laser beam that marks the cutting line facilitates precise sawing.
- Dust is generated during sawing. Therefore, an exhaust system on the saw is a useful piece of equipment.
Table of contents
Recommended Miter Saws
We have compiled the best and most interesting miter saws. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Discover the best branch chain saws here.
The Best Sellers Of Miter Saws
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular miter saws for you.
Tip: You can find the best sledgehammers here.
Current Offers On Miter Saws
You can find the best current deals on miter saws in this list.
FAQ About Miter Saws
– Circular saw: renovation, interior construction
– Chainsaw: garden
– Universal saw: versatile
– Jigsaw: Different materials
A miter saw is a tool that you can use to saw through materials of different thicknesses. It is mostly used by craftsmen.
First and foremost, you should make sure that the cutting height and functions are tailored to your use. The Küpper brand often scores very well in customer ratings.
First you have to set the cutting height and the angle. Then you can start and saw.
More On The Topic
- The 10 Most Popular Electric Jigsaws – Guidebook
- The 6 Best Branch Chain Saws – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Circular Table Saws – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Jigsaws – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Cow Foot Tools – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Tool Carts – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Workbenches – Guidebook
- The 10 Best Toolboxes – Guidebook
- The 7 Best Sledgehammers – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Caulking Hammers – Guidebook
- The 8 Best Splitting Hammers – Guidebook
- The 12 Best Cordless Screwdrivers – Guidebook
- The 7 Best Bench Drills – Guidebook
- The 7 Best Twist Drills – Guidebook
- The 7 Best Drills – Guidebook