As a goalkeeper , you are responsible not only for preventing goals, but also for a goalkeeper jersey in a different color to your teammates. To always be flexible, it is recommended to have several goalkeeper jerseys in different colors.
Which pads are important, whether a long or short sleeve jersey is better and which material is right for you, you can find out in our checklist . You can find the right goalkeeper jersey in our product recommendations.
- There are goalkeeper jerseys that are designed in the design of a specific club, and also many models that have no reference to an existing team.
- For the jerseys with team or club affiliation, you have the choice between blank versions and models with goalkeeper name and back number. Accordingly, you can buy a goalkeeper jersey of Manuel Neuer, for example.
- Goalkeeper jerseys are available in stores with short or long sleeves.
- Long sleeves keep you better warm in winter and in general on cooler and rainy days.
- However, many goalkeepers prefer short sleeves even in cold weather, as they feel they have more flexibility in their movements.
- Goalkeepers often land ungently on the more or less hard turf during their sometimes spectacular saves. Professional goalkeepers can absorb this more easily, while less well-trained amateur goalkeepers may well injure themselves on impact
- To prevent this as much as possible, towart jerseys are also available with padding in vulnerable areas. These are in particular the shoulders, spleen, elbows and chest. Foam padding in these areas serves as effective impact protection.
- Goalkeeper jerseys should be made of functional materials such as polyester. Only then they bring important properties such as good moisture management and excellent breathability.
- Make sure that your selected goalkeeper jersey does not contain any harmful substances . This applies to the basic material and also with regard to any padding.
- Goalkeeper jerseys are available for both adults and children. Models for kids are unisex, i.e. cut the same for both sexes. The designs for men and women, however, often differ in terms of fit. Goalkeeper jerseys for women, for example, are sometimes slightly fitted.
- In the case of jerseys for adult goalkeepers, the size spectrum usually ranges from XS to 2XL, sometimes even up to 5XL.
- For ambitious junior goalkeepers, jerseys are usually available in all common children’s sizes from 116 to 176.
Table of contents
Recommended Goalkeeper Jerseys
Here you can find the top 10 most popular goalkeeper jerseys.
Tip: You can find many great drones for kids in our guide to drones for kids.
The Best Sellers Of Goalkeeper Jerseys
We have compiled the most popular goalkeeper jerseys.
Tip: You can find beautiful Goki wooden toys in our guide to Goki wooden toys.
Current Offers For Goalkeeper Jerseys
Here you will find a selection of current offers for Goalkeeper Jerseys.
FAQ About Goalkeeper Jerseys
Why does the goalkeeper have a different jersey?
The goalkeeper must be different in color from the rest of the team, because he is the only player on the team who is allowed to touch the ball with his hand in the penalty area. The color differentiation makes it easier for the referee to recognize when there is handball by a field player.
Goalkeeper jersey – which color?
The color of the goalkeeper’s jersey must be different from all other jersey colors that are on the field of play. If this requirement is met, it is up to the goalkeeper which color he chooses. You can find a great selection of different colors in our product recommendations.
- The 8 best Manchester United jerseys – Guide
- The 10 most popular Chelsea jerseys – guidebook
- The 10 most popular Juventus kits – guidebook
- 10 most popular Arsenal kits – how to buy
- 10 most popular BVB kits – how to buy
- The 8 best FC Bayern kits – guidebook
- The 8 best Werder Bremen kits – guidebook
- The 10 best St. Pauli kits – guidebook
- The 8 best FC Barcelona kits – guidebook
- The 10 best Real Madrid kits – guidebook